Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! My laptop is baaaaaaaaaack!!!

As the title states I finally got my laptop back. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, it feels sssssssooooooooooo good!!

So since I havn't been able to even look at my photos here are a few photos from a couple of weekends ago!!
Grandma pushing Jack on the swing.
Balancing, balancing. Jack concentrating very hard on walking along the fence.Stick fishing in the creek.
A couple of flowers.I've been scrapping a little bit lately which feels so good. It's nice to get back into it. These are my 2 latest pages (sorry about the wonky scans lol)I even went through my exsisting albums and pulled out every LO and sorted them into groups and datelines and put them back in. Whew, that was a mammoth task. I still need a couple more albums because I have about 4 pizza boxes still to be put in albums.

The other thing I've been scrapping lately is the Secret Santa gift I made for the lovely Sonia for the EB SS. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It's a bit of a hybrid project using some great digi-tags and quickpages and things.
I have another of those Kaiser tree books and am going to make one of these for myself too.

I had a Toybox party the other weekend (it's a kid's toy party plan thing but I'm pretty sure it's just in my local area) and as my hostess gift I got this great pegboard art thing that Jack just loves.
Jack "helping" Dad do the mowing. Great help hey?! Our little sleeping guy with his advent calendar. The first words out of his mouth the last two mornings have been 'countdown'. I told him he could have one when we were at Big W the other day and was showing him all the pretty ones with Santa and elves and things and of course he picks the Ironman, Spiderman, Hulk one. Oh so very Christmassy.A few posts back I was talking about the Department 56 pieces that I just had to have off eBay. Well here's the start of my Christmas village display.
The bones of it all...The paper mache....Painting, I only did green because I didn't have white, turned out to be a bad move but you live and learn.Here it is all set up on my buffet. I only have two pieces the reindeer spa and the bank but I faked the rest. The background was a photo I found on the internet that I just altered to make it long enough and I printed out some pictures of particular pieces and stuck them on the backround.A close up...Another close up... And at night time...

I'm really pleased with how it turned out even though I did have a few issues everytime I look at it it still makes me feel happy/Christmassy.

And here's our Christmas tree, day...
(how cute are the snowflake wall stickers behind it?)
and night...and the dining roomHere's our Christmas cards for this year (some are still making their way to the post office :P) I got them printed through Vista Print and am really pleased with how they turned out.
Here it is a bit bigger...
And lastly Jack and Ratatouille. I had to take Rat's photo because I was taking photos of things around the house. He's one of Jack's favourite toys in fact he's probably his favourite stuffed animal. Whew...that was a big post.
Well, I'm off to bed...ciao.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Check out that Xmas village - Holy Smokes Jodestar - I am in awe of you -- Can you adopt me please..?

I'm trying really hard but I fear that this year is one of those few years where I lack the Christmas Spirit. Usually I am bugging Lee to hang out the lights etc - but I really cant be bothered.. oh dear - I need to visit your blog every day!!!!

Anonymous said...

flippin heck Jody!!!...I wana come and live at your house for christmas!!

I'm been so with Mystical I've not even done my tree yet!!..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow Jody - looks awesome - I will have to come to Rocky just to check it all out in real life (-: Nicola is going to feel like she has missed out haha! Stunning - glad your laptop is back too! Michelle

Angela said...

I just love looking at pics of your house during December lol. That village is absolutely awesome Jody. You have so much more patience than me.

Tiff Firth said...

O.M.G.
u have so much patience. It looks freaking awesome.
U ought to sub it next year for an of the page christmas theme.

toot toot
t

amanda hall said...

wow Jody.

You are amazing. Love it all. Clever girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jody, just had to come over and have a looksee! WOW!!! That is amazing. You're a clever chook!

Have a wonderful Christmas won't you.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...