Saturday, June 09, 2012

Rocky Show 2012!!

We headed off to the Rocky Show yesterday.  It was so much fun.  I just love the show even though I don't go on the rides anymore.  The noise and excitement is so cool.
Of course we all entered the baking and craft.  The competition is dwindling which is a shame to see.  It's one of the main reasons I enter.  I think it would be such a shame if that section of the show dwindled out to nothing.  I might have to wrangle and harass some friends into entering next year I think.
Jack and I did pretty well this year.  Jack won first prize for his layered jar...


and his Lego...


and his chocolates...


He also entered the muffins, iced cupcakes and decorated cake but didn't win in those categories.  How cute is his little snowman with a mustache though.  He also received a Highly Commended for his painting.


I won a few things too.  I got third place (out of 3 entries lol) for my decorated cupcakes...


First place for my Pumpkin Scones...thank to Flo Bjelke Petterson's fantastic recipe.


 Second for my Pistacio Hedgehog Slice...


Second for my Banana Crumb Muffins...


I also entered but didn't win in the scrapbooking and chocolate cake and I entered the fudge but forgot to check if I placed in that.  Mind you getting to eat the leftover Salted Caramel Fudge is prize enough, yumm.  Owen entered the Man of the House cake too but didn't place.  Maybe next year...

Here's Jack patting a smelly sheep at the petting zoo.  He looks excited doesn't he.  There was a baby llama and some adorable little baby sheep and goats though and some frizzle chickens which I love.


Ash, Jack and I waiting for the water shooting game to start.


 Ash, Jack and Owen at the start of the Crazy Coaster...


up, up, up...


Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  Jack's face is an absolute classic!!  He really did enjoy the ride though and went back for another ride later even though he looks absolutely petrified in the photo.


This was obviously the latest craze for the young ones this year at the show, there were about 4 of these.  Jack was a little freaked out before it even started as there's hardly any air in at the beginning.  I'm really claustrophobic so I felt uncomfortable just watching it.  They inflate it with a garden leaf blower which is why Jack's hands are over his ears.



He was ok for a while but then started hammering on the side trying to get the attention of the ride attendant to get let out.  You could see his little face in there mouthing "Help, help".  He didn't want a second turn of that one.


As I said it was a fantastic afternoon/night and we had an absolute blast.  Ahhh show time, how I love thee :)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats both of you on your prizes. Pleased to hear your entry worked out, you were worried,:)

Brenda said...

Congratulations to you and Jack on your show success. Yes, absolutely must get things into our local shows to keep that part of them going!

Donna said...

Congratulations to you both for your show success!

Poor Jack in that bubble!..Won't get me in there.....Don't think Ethan would either :)

Anonymous said...

Therefore, if you wanted to specifically look for CNN News, it is right there in its own directory on the front webpage.
I suffered a lot of bullying and some sexual abuse
and it compounded my identity problem. Several news reports, writers,
and analysts play a crucial role in the development of global news undoubtedly.
Newspaper companies should be seeking to
have subscribers to their service where breaking news can be
emailed and send to blackberries and cell-phones. I want them to be thrilled by the idea
that each of us is capable of running into high adventure on every street corner and in every friendship.


Feel free to surf to my weblog; click here

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...