Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good old 80's aussie music

You've just got to love YouTube right? You can nearly always find what you want. You know what it's like, you see something of hear something and it reminds you of a song or whatever so you go to good old YouTube to look it up. That's what I've been up to tonight. Here's my night's playlist...

First up in Man Overboard by Do Re Mi. The song that started tonight's YouTube adventure. It's a song that comes into my head out of the blue and quite infrequently but I just love it. I can remember belting out the lyrics as a young teen LOL.
So I went to YouTube and listened to the song and then of course another song came into my head and no wonder since it's also sung by Deborah Conway although I'm not sure I actually knew that. There used to be this show on the ABC called Sweet and Sour that I was obsessed with. It must have been the summer after the show aired when I was between seventh and eighth grade that I begged my Mum to cut my bum length hair to match Tracey Mann's style. OMG.
So then I was thinking about other songs I loved from that decade and 50 Years by Uncanny X-Men came into my head and when Sweet & Sour ended it came up as a related clip, uncanny hey?! My bestie from high school Tracey Mc used to LOVE Uncanny X-Men.

So you can't talk about Aussie music in the 80's and not talk about acca dacca aka AC/DC. I think my brother was more of a fan than me but now I'm older I really appreciate them more.

That gravelly voice made think of Jimmy Barnes, a name synonymous with Aussie rock and then I thought about Johnny Diesel. I used just swoon over him. Love his voice.

And last but definitely not least...INXS. I was fortunate to see them live a few times too in my youth. Great great band and if you've never heard of them do yourself a favour and head over to YouTube to check them out.

Well, I think that's enough of my unpaid YouTube advertising. LOL. Truly I'm just grateful that site exsists and of course there's so many other great Aussie rock bands to check out.

Catch you on the flipside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you like Diesel ha ha. I love him too!!! Funny hey. I went and saw him with dave at rydges here and i was pregnant but i still thought he could sing to me anytime yummy yummy yummy!!!!

Kim

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...