Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Well I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas...I did!! I was very tired after a couple of very late nights though but it was a great day none the less. My Mum came over after work on Wednesday to help me out which was great.
Christmas Eve we took Jack out the front to sprinkle out some Magic Reindeer Food and then put out a plate for Santa before he went to bed.
We set up all the tables and I set before I went to bed.
On Christmas day Owen & I got up at about 7 to do a few last minute things and then Jack woke at about 8 and he was soooooooooo excited. Santa had brought him the scooter he had been asking for so he was super stoked about that and he also had quite a few other things in his Santas sack. We opened up our gifts to each other and finished up the last minute prep before everyone started arriving. We had a pretty full house this year. Our place is pretty small but we still managed to fit in 9 kids and 21 adults for lunch.
We had a cold buffet lunch of ham, turkey, chicken and pork with potato, crunchy noodle, couscous and pumpkin & feta salads. For desert we had Grandma's plum pudding with custard, choc-mint cheesecake, candycane brownies(recipe is from here) and gormet ice-cream...
as well as a selection of Christmas treats. I think I went a bit overboard!! LOL. We had rum balls, white christmas, bailey's fudge, lemon & lime truffles, mocha truffles, coconut ice, coconut bon bons, rocky road and cherry macadamia truffles. If you'd like some feel free to drop round cause there's lots!! LOL. In the afternoon our friends Kim & David and their kids and Owen's Dad and nephew came over and we had leftovers for dinner which is also what we had for lunch today and dinner tonight.
For Christmas I got a food processor, a couple of stable tables, scrapbooking gift voucher, some perfume, some silicone bakeware, food treats, a gorgeous recipe book, cupcake tree and a lovely bath gift set.
I still feeling pretty zonked and since Jack has gone to bed super early tonight I think I might go and curl up in our room and watch a movie.
Hope you all had a great Chrissy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow jody, your table looks STUNNING... i would expect nothing less from you :) Jack loks like he had a wonderful day!! Loving all the baked goodies, i totally forgot to photograph the food, LOL!

Anonymous said...

thanks for taking us orphans in for the evening it was great!! yummy food..great company.. We were so tired boxing day - jared also fell asleep early during dinner!!!!

Kim

Brenda said...

Jody you are so organised, getting your tables set up the night before.
Seriously, you should be an events planner.
You have so much style for celebrations.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...