Sunday, December 07, 2008

The party season!!

Don't you just love Christmas?! I do!!
We had Jack's daycare Christmas party on Friday night. He and I made a big plate of gingerbread to take. They were popular but mainly for the icing and m&m's. LOL, all through the playground at daycare are little headless gingerbread with all the icing licked off them. Our house smelt sooooooo yummy during the baking.
Here's Jack's special one that he got to ice.
They had face painting and jumping castles. And then a visit from Santa. Check out the dodgy beard. LOL. When we got home Jack asked if we could take the Christmas tree down now. Good to know that he's satisfied with one little jigsaw puzzle book from Santa hey.
Owen's been busy out in the yard of late. He's extened our side garden and we've planted some veges and herbs and a mandarin tree. Here's Jack and Daddy moving the soil. And here's the garden. We have a lime tree and a dwarf lemon tree and we've had herbs in pots for ages but now we've planted some beans, lettuce, tomato, rocket and some extra herbs. Jack should really enjoy it at his age. He's been growing strawberries in pots but we have yet to even get a flower so I've moved them around to get some more sun.Yesterday Jack and I looked after Thomas and the boys made hand wreaths like Sonia made with her girls. It's a great craft idea for kids to do.And here's Jack's finished project which is now hanging on the front door.
I bought some new furniture again!! It's for my scrap room and when it's all cleared out and pretty I'll show you some photos. It might be a long long time though. LOL. It's quite a junk storage area in there. We're going to have to have another garage sale I think.
K, better go and try to sort through some of the junk.
Ciao
ps, thanks for all the comments about my Christmas village.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

I love visiting your blog lovely, It always inspires me to go out and try something.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...