Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I've already broken my resolutions :P

I was going to start eating healthier but had corn chips for lunch (I had to eat the left over guacamole!, at least that's made from a fruit/vege?)
I was going to start the year with a nice clean house but I just couldn't be stuffed quite frankly. I am doing the housework today however.
And I was going to try to stress less but I'm worried that I've got 7 years bad luck from breaking a mirror the other day. Since then I've had a flat flat tire and yesterday I lost a filling so I'm not off to a very good start.

Anyhoo...
What do you think of my new header and colour scheme? did you see my doll even matches? I'm going to try to do a new header etc. every month this year just to mix it up a bit.

For New Year's Eve we went to the new cool park in town and met up with some friends for a BBQ dinner and a bit of a play for the kids. It did rain a little but it was still a great night. The kids had a ball and so did the big kids. We all had a turn on the flying fox. Kim went and dropped her hubby and kids home and came over to our place and she and I were up until very very late playing Singstar. I LOVE that game. I wish Owen would play it with me. Owen didn't even make it to midnight, poor old bugger.
Although I didn't do any housework yesterday I did do a bit of gardening so at least the garden's got a nice fresh start for the new year. We used to have a shade sail covering a paved area at the back of our yard which is stepped down a level but the sail tore long ago and we havn't really used the area since Jack was born so our plans for this year are to build a nice big pergola off the patio. It's a much better idea, we will however not be left with much grass in our yard which is the only downfall but I figure we live a block away from a footy field and a huge park so when Jack gets to the footy/cricket playing age we can just go down there. We are going to pull up the paving in the old entertaining area and that area is going to be for Jack. We'll put a sail back over the area and move his swings and trampoline down there along with his sandpit an little outdoor setting. I might even put a big blackboard down there and a painting area. I'll have to do some research and planning. Then with the area where Jack's sandpit currently is we're planning on partitioning off a bit (the rental house over the back fence is shocking!! Their yard is awful and overgrown and yucky) and then buy a nice big daybed for a parents retreat area. I'm planning on making it all balinese looking. So that's the plan. I'm going to put a list of spring cleaning chores up on the blackboard to help keep my motivated so I might do up some sort of plan for the yard as well and put it somewhere visible so it might help motivate Owen as well.

Jack got this bubble gun for Christmas and it is just soooooo cool. It lights up and has sound effects and it blows great bubbles. I've bought a few bubble tools and they've just been crap but this one just rocks. Dosn't he look happy and gorgeous. My boy LOVES bubbles.

And since I can't get anywhere near my scrap desk because of all the junk in my scrap room leftover from Christmas I did a digi layout this morning. Credits, Stamp by Misty Mareda, paper by Amber Clegg and Audrey Neal, clip by Audrey Neal, buttons and doodles by Amy Hutchinson, arrows by GABhappyscrap.

I also wanted to give a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to my friends Amanda Hall and Kim Nutley who've just been announced as Scrapbook Memories Masters for 2008!! I'm so proud of you both!! Woohoo for you!!

I also have to show off my bargain buy. They're clearing some old stock at my work and have some things marked down to the most AMAZING prices so the other day I bought this gorgeous bedside table for Jack...

It's by a company called Punky Jo who just do the coolest kids furniture. It was marked down to $50 because the stain was from a different batch of furniture to the rest of our stock and didn't match. Now however I'm thinking maybe I should do a whole space theme in Jack's room. There's a cool linen set by Kas called Space Dog and one by Hiccups called Cosmic Capers which I'd love to get and at Spotlight the other week they had space rocket door hangers and I could do all the constellations on his ceiling.

Well I guess I'd better get off my butt and go and start the housework since we're hosting Owen's poker game tonight.

Peace (been reading Ngaire's blog :P)

Jody

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with boys and bubbles?

Mine's the same...lol...

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say that I luv your new header!!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...