Sunday, January 13, 2008

Any given Sunday...

Ok folks, be prepared for a LOT of photos!!
As my regular blog readers will know it is our weekly tradition to go for a walk with Grandma Joy on a Sunday afternoon. It's been a couple of weeks because of Christmas and stuff but we went for our walk today and I got some great photos (at least I think they're decent shots).
I'll start off with the flora photos...
This is one of our neighbours passionfruit flowers. I'm not a fan of passionfruit at all but I just love the flowers. They are so abstract and funky.I love the focus in this photo. The flower just looks like it's floating.How huge is this fungus? I got Mum to put her hand beside it to show the size of it. Of course I didn't realise at the time that there was a bloody spider on it. Ewwwww. Can u see the spider?A funky grevillea flower...Do you believe in fairies? Check out all the fairy houses we saw today, all different shapes and sizes.At the end of our street is a gully with a creek that backs on to the Kershaw Gardens. The council maintain the land on either side our side of the creek as well as the gardens side so for our normal walk we head down to the creek and walk along our side for about 500metres or cross over about 100 metres down which is where this photo is taken. The water is normally only about ankle deep but today it was the deepest we've seen it due to the rain we've been having and it looks like the council have set up some rock dams to try and stop errosion.Looking at the water dragonLike father like sonStopping for a drink.Sharing Daddy's walking stickWho looks like they're having the best time??How precious is this smile?Jack being a cheeky monkey.When the gardens were being planted here members of the public were able to "buy" a tree. My great Aunt Margaret bought two trees, one in her husband's family name and one in our family name Logovick (my Grandma's family). This is the grove of trees in the background. The walk is a little tiring for toddlers. Luckily for Jack he normally has a nice loving pair of shoulders to sleep on.
Yesterday was Jack's 2nd cousin, Patrick's, birthday (and also our Sister-in-law Tracey's birthday, Happy Birthday Tracey) and we went to Patty's house for his party. Jack was very keen to help Patrick open up all his presents.






Here's Jack having a whack at the pinjata. They made it themselves and I thought they did a great job. Jack giving me a big birthday party smile.
And then last night my friends from work, Camille, Charlene & Anne came over to play Singstar. Camille and I both scored 'Singstar' so we had to get a photo. If you're ever going to play, try Karma Cameleon, it must be an easy one to sing.
I'm on the right, Camille on the left.

Ok, I'm off to blog hop...

Cheers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody that walk looks gorgeous! Sure beats the rows and rows of suburbia I walk around everynight *sigh*

Jack is such a cutie - he is getting SO old...

Anonymous said...

wow, you have a gorgeous place to walk, and I love seeing your photo's..

Can't wait to see some of those gorgeous Jack ones scrapped!...esp the riding on dad's shoulders ones..

debbiedo said...

Love all the pics especially the one of Jack and Owen on the swing.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...