Thursday, January 03, 2008

The A-Z thing...

Since I'm sure you don't want to hear about how exciting my life has been while I've been glued to the screen watching the whole 2nd season of Amazing Race Asia I thought instead I'd do the A-Z about me thing. I'm sure it'll be a riviting read.



A



Addiction : Well I would have to describe myself as having an addictive personality I'm afraid and for that very reason I really have steared clear of a few things like gambling and drugs. I tend to decide I want to try something and then never let it go. I used to be very very addicted to nicotine and had tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking but always failed of resumed after a bit of a break but I am very happy to say that I havn't had a cigarette since September 2004 which is when I had my first ultrasound of Jack. I will admit to having a cigarette within minutes of finding out I was pregnant though. You know just that one last cigarette but once I saw that little jumping bean on the screen that was it!! I still get cravings and I have had to really fight on a couple of occasions but I am now and hopefully forever a non-smoker.



I do have a couple of addictions though, coffee and food. I just love coffee. I find it very comforting and delicious. Not so much cafe coffee but coffee at home the way I make it with heaps of milk, one sugar and it has to be Nescafe Blend 43.

The food addiction runs too too deep. Even if I'm full as a goog I'll still eat. I should probably work on that.

Oh and I'm also addicted to reality TV!! LOVE IT!!

Animals : We've always always had pets. When we were kids we had ginea pigs, birds, fish & even a mexican walking fish. When we moved to the farm we added on dogs and cats to that list and we currently have 2 dogs, Bella & Poppy and a cat, Kitti-Mae.





Bella is a cross between God knows what, a red cattle dog and a chiwawa we were told when we got her but I don't see how that would be possible. She looks like a red cattle dog/corgi cross in my opinion. We've had her for about 12 years. We decided to get a dog so Owen went looking and told me about this puppy he'd seen and she was the only puppy left when I went for a look the next day so home she came. Man, she could sook. Owen and I both spent nights outside sleeping on the verandah with her before we finally gave in and she started sleeping with us. She went missing once and we drove around for literally hours before we found her. She was wagging her tail sooooo hard when we found her that she could hardly walk. Once day when we were at the beach we came home to be met by our neighbour who told us that she'd been hit by two cars and a trailer and was at the vet's. Luckily she only had and absess and a dislocated elbow. Now that she's old she has some issues with arthritis and is a very stinky old thing (if you get my drift) and she snorts and snores and carries on but she's a personality all right. She dosn't like to walk on the grass, she loves her Daddy and she's a real sweetie. I feel sorry for her because she was like an only child and then Poppy the gigantor dog came along and we cruely made them both sleep outside.
Now Poppy was a stray. She started her family life with us just being called Puppy because we weren't going to keep her. She was just sitting on the side of the road one day when I went to pick Owen up from work. We could see that she had a collar on so we pulled over to see if she had ID but of course not. We advertised her as a lost dog but got no response. Man has she ever had some issues. She was a very very clingy, skittish dog which makes us think that she may have been an abused dog and was probably dumped. She ate all of our garden lighting, loves to tear things into little tiny pieces and scatter them all over the yard and I am sure she suffers from depression. She's a bull terrier cross and is a very large dog. She's very pretty, black and white. A few days after we decided to keep her she got parvo and cost us hundreds in vet bills, then after she was desexed she developed incontinence and had to have daily medication for years but she's overcome that issue now, she's had numerous melanoma's removed in the last couple of years and the vet has said that she probably only has a life expectancy of a couple more years. She is a very loving dog but is very possessive. (I'll have to post a photo of Poppy some other time, none on my computer)



Kitti-Mae was also a stray. Our cat, Miss Ophelia, who recently passed away, had just had kittens and one night we were watching TV and I could hear meowing. I opened the front door and in ran this kitten and she's just never left. Again we advertised and did a letterbox drop with no response so we have no idea where she came from. She's a fiesty thing, full of attitude. She acts like a princess and I'm sure she thinks that we are her slaves. Her personality has changed dramatically since Ophelia passed away and she just lets Jack do just about anything to her. It's wierd.
Are you bored yet?

Here's a video that I took of Jack last night...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Jody, loved reading your A things, hope to see what the rest of the alphabet reveals about you and yours.
OMG on Jack singing, is he channeling the great Jimmy Barnes or what?
Fantastic!!
Tracey F [who has still not done one page since September last year]

Angela said...

I am a Nescafe Blend 43 girl too. I am not a fan of cafe style coffee's and i always get picked on by my BIL who likes to think of himself as a coffee conniseur (sp?) and won't drink instant coffee ever.

Jack is so cute singing.

Anonymous said...

ya gotta love Jack singing!...

Looking forward to the rest of the ABC's....

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...