Monday, January 21, 2008

Congratulations Tricia & Jason!!!

My friend Tricia sent me an email on Friday of a photo of two positive pregnancy tests with a note to say "What does this mean??????" Now of course it means that she's pregnant which in itself is FABULOUS news but this news has a twist. Tricia and Jason already have two beautiful kids, Ollie and Sofie. These beautiful children were created thanks to that wonder of medical science, IVF, because they had been told they wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. So there you go...as Tricia said "Buy two, get one free"!! I just saw a bit of an interview on one of the morning shows last week about the number of people who fall pregnant naturally after having IVF. Incredible!! Wondeful news :)
In not so wonderful news this week...I went to get something out of the freezer for dinner on Saturday to discover that our freezer has been off since Thursday when I defrosted it!! I was sooooooo upset. I had even checked it on Thursday night and it felt cold like a freezer should (the power point is WAY behind the freezer and not really visable). I had just showed off to Owen how full and organised the freezer was...chicken on one shelf, beef on this one, pork and seafood on this shelf. So we lost probably about $150 worth of food. Very depressing. :(
It's been raining a lot here the last week or two plus with all the flooding up north the little creek at the end of our street had broken it's banks. The place where we nomally cross the creek would probably be about shoulder deep now and where all this water is in the photo is the flat area beside the creek. The water is actually flowing along the grassed area and then cascading over further downstream. We've seen 2 snakes in the last week down there too which I find scary. I'm not a big snake fan.
I've been trying for ages to catch a photo of a dragonfly and look I finally got one. They are unusual looking insects. They don't look very aerodynamic do they but they do all sorts of tricks.
My friend Kim and her little boy Jared came for our Sunday afternoon walk this week and we were lucky enough to see a baby water dragon in the branch of a tree. Isn't it cute.Speaking of cute...how adorable is this little mushroom with it's hat on.This morning Jack and I had McDonald's for breaky and then met up with our friends at the new playground for a bit of a play. It's a great park, lots of fun. Look out Evil Kenevil!! How cute does Jack look in his little helmet? He hasn't quite got the knack of actually peddling yet but he's getting there.He even had a turn on Jared's big boy bike.I'm glad Jack had a good time this morning because after the park he wasn't feeling very well. I think he might have a bit of sinus congestion or something because one side of his nose has been running and he's been saying today that his eye hurt. He's had temp's over 37.6 this afternoon and his face is a bit puffy so hopefully he'll feel better in the morning.
Ok, cheers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh crap about the freezer that sux!

Ive been wondering how you guys were going up there with the rain and whatnot!

Loving your pictures

amanda said...

ooh hope you are going ok with all the flooding!

Love your photos - how cute is that little mushroom man!!!!!! Adorable!

Dani said...

Bugger about your freezer!

Man I would love to come on a walk with you, the stuff you find amazes me! I think I need to take a leave from your book and "stop to smell the roses".

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness Jody, how sneaky are you, sneakin' up on that little dragonfly. Love it.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...