Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Well Christmas this year was an absolute blast!! Jack was soooooo excited especially with everyone around. It was just great!
These are the Christmas cookies Jack and I baked for out friendly rubbish man but he wasn't on the last run so some stranger got our cookies. He was very happy about it though. This is the 2nd year in a row that our regular guy hasn't worked the last run before Christmas so I'll have to remember for next year to give them earlier. We also missed the recycling guys because they came while we were dropping Daddy to work so Daddy ate their biscuits.
Christmas Eve was the normal hectic scene. My friend Kim offered to babysit Jack for a few hours so he went over there and played with Jared and my Mum came over and helped me out a bit. Then in the afternoon when I was heading out to pick Owen up from work I got about 10 meters down our street and realised I had a dead flat tire. Luckily Mum was still over so I took her car to pick up Owen and he had late customers so by the time we got home it was 5.50pm and he had to change the tire and finish the mowing! That night we took Jack for a drive to have a look at all the Christmas lights which he loved and I loved the fact that he fell asleep in the car. We got home and I did some more cooking and cleaning while Owen got a start on putting Jack's swing set together. At about midnight Owen asked if I could come and help with the swings and so that's what we did until 3.15am!! OMG!! The first half of it was a breeze to put together but the slide and the last swing thing were killers. At least the neighbours on the corner were having a party so we had some music to listen to.
Here's Jack making the brownie to leave out for Santa.And Santa's snack stash. A bottle of nice cold milk with and espresso flavour straw and a nice warm fudge brownie.The reindeer food.Jack sprinkling the reindeer food on the lawn. Well, he dumped the 3/4 of it in a big pile and then Daddy helped him sprinkle the rest.
Christmas morning Owen and I got up at 7ish and did a couple of things before Jack woke just after 8am. He was so cute when he saw that Santa had eaten the brownie and drunk the milk not to mention filling his Santa sack to overflowing. Jack opened up his Santa presents which took forever and then people started arriving. I just LOVE the hustle and noise of
Christmas day, although I'm sure it didn't seem that way to everyone while I was frantically trying to fill the smoked salmon cups. You should have seen the amount of wrapping paper flying around our place. We manage to squeeze about 15 people into our theatre room. Christmas lunch was just delicious!! Tons of prawns, ham, pork, chicken and pasta & potato salads, italian salad and a delicious pumpkin and avocado salad and desert was plum pudding with custard and ice cream, pavlova and truffles. Yum yum yum. I'm going to be eating prawns for days!! The afternoon was spent sitting around talking while Grandad and a few others watched Indiana Jones.
I love the colour of these Christmas mint M&M's.
The Christmas table decorations...The food!!!Grandad and Grandma opening their gifts...My lovely Aunt Jenny and my Mummy...The Weaver girlies...Diane, Mum, Jenny, Grandma & Fay. I have about 5 different versions of this photo and in everyone someone's either laughing so much you can't see their eyes of pulling some sort of funny face. My gorgeous Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul under the bauble branch. They came up from Sydney for Christmas and my Aunt Fay came up from Melbourne.
On Boxing Day Owen and Jack put up Jack's new little trampoline while I got the house back to normality then Jack had a big play on his new tramp and swings. Such a big jump in fact that he woke up last night because his legs were aching. We had some friends over for dinner to help out with the left overs and some more friends to help with the left over truffles. We girls played Singstar while the boys sat around talking about boring electrical mumbo jumbo.
Jack helping Daddy put the trampoline together...note Daddy's cute little hat.
All our baby ghecko's hatched too and yes Brenda they are about pea sized eggs. We were sitting at the table last night and David spotted this baby ghecko on the gingerbread house.
I'm planning on heading out today to check out the post Christmas sales. I'm hoping to get some advent trees and some new Christmas decorations however I don't really need them so maybe I'll see the crowds and turn straight around home. I do however have to get some nice fresh chewy crust bread so I can have a prawn sandwich for lunch and possibly dinner as well. :P
This was a gift from my Aunt Diane. His name is Fred. I saw them on eBay a few weeks ago and nearly bought one. It's just so me!!
This is the nappy cake I made up for my friend Eleanor who had her baby last week.Okay, off to the sales.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Jodi you are such a brave woman hittin' the sales. I am putting off going back to the shops for as long as I can.
And I HAVE seen a few little baby geckos getting around my house so, yep, we had eggs too :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Jody I am SOOO joining your family. Your christmas sounds wonderful.

Happy 2008 hon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas day!!

How nice your are..baking for the rubbish men!

and thank you so much for my xmas card, it arrived yesterday *mwah*...

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...