Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cooking...

Owen had a bad day at work the other day so I decided to try to cheer him up with his favourite meal for dinner, Chilli Plum Beef. We don't normally have it because I'm pretty wussy when it comes to chilli. It was nice to have something a bit different although I did go through a bit of water. It's very easy to make, just stir fried beef strips with equal quantities of sweet chilli and plum sauces. For desert we had some Weis hazelnut and cream bars which are not too bad (I prefer ice cream cookies). I drizzled some ice magic over mine and it looked quite nice, would be good for an easy cheat desert for a dinner party.
And then today I was thinking about what to make for dinner tonight and I decided pizza might be the go. So we had Bourbon BBQ glazed chicken and bacon pizza for dinner, cooked from scratch. Yummy.

This is Jack sleeping after his shopping outing with Daddy the other day. Note the ring of chocolate donut icing around his mouth. Such a sweetie. His use of words is incredible at the moment. He just seems to be picking up everything. And look, I finally scrapbooked something. My very first page for the year. My desk was just covered in junk but my aunt came over today to get some help with a project and I had to find some things so I cleared up my desk and knocked up this quick layout.K, I'm off to watch Street Customs with Owen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody far out you are the domestic GODNESS!!! I wish I had an inch of your enthusiasm for cooking and other stuff... I'm so lazy!

I'm gonna go that beef recipe though - let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

oh and forgot to say - love your first 2008 LO

Anonymous said...

luv your LO!...that pizza looks so yummy!!!

Such a sweet photo of Jack..asleep with a dirty face!..luv it!

Dani said...

Have to agree with Dee there! You are such a nice wife, when Brad has a bad day at work I tell him to get over it LOL

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...