Saturday, January 05, 2008

My baby's growing up...

We went over to our friends Kim & David's house last night for a BBQ and Jack was riding a big boy bicycle(with training wheels and Daddy's help). It made my breath catch in my chest to see it. My baby is so not a baby any more. I still think of him as a toddler but he really is a little boy now.
Speaking of babies, my friend Eleanor dropped in to work yesterday with baby Riah. She is sooooo beautiful and so tiny. I just love love love little babies.
Back to the alphabet...

B
Books
: Oh how I used to love to read! Before Jack I could spend a whole day just reading. I really like James Patterson, Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Since Jack was born though I've really gone off horror for some reason. But then since Jack was born I really havn't had the time or inclination to read. I think I have actually got some books stashed away that I havn't read yet.
Brother : My brother Kevin is 3 years older than me. Man oh man we had some fun as kids. I have soooooo many good memories. He is a larakin with a wicked sense of humour, down to earth and very easy to like. We lived on a property and one of the things we used to do is that I'd drive the old farm ute while Kevin would "ski" behind it on thongs. We made a raft and used to raft up and down the big lagoon on the edge of our property (we later found out there were crocs in there). He cut a one cent piece in half for my birthday one year. We used to make all sorts of jumps for his BMX to jump with me lying at the end (DOH!). I'm sure you get the picture, we had all sorts of wicked fun. He's a legend!

Budget : I suck at budgeting. Let's just leave it at that! LOL

C
Cooking
: I really love to cook and entertain. I don't really like making dinner though for some reason but love to try out different recipes. My favourite things to cook would have to be chilli and cornbread (love to eat it too), all sorts of nibbles like cheese logs, savoury pastries and things and I love baking and decorating cupcakes. I would consider myself a pretty good cook.
Cars : We drive a Magna. It's a few years old, needs a paint job and is not at all well maintained but the reason I wanted to mention cars was because if I was going to buy a new car it would be one of these two... ...both Chrylers funnily enough. If we were to buy one car, we'd probably go the 300C but if we won the lottery or something and were going to buy a new car each I'd probably go the PT Cruiser and Owen would have the 300C (well actually if we won the lotto no doubt he'd want some pimped out muscle car or something). Arn't they hot looking cars?

3 comments:

AngC said...

Wow, sounds like you and your brother used to get up to some scary stuff! All my brother did was rip the head off my Barbie dolls... lol.

Anonymous said...

Your brother sounds like such fun!!!

My BIL drives a Chrysler 300C (?)(that car in your picture) - it's noice!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have a brother like that!..mine only annoyed me!..lo..

I love reading too, but have very different tasted in book to you, and like you haven't read much since Ethan came along. All I get to do now is skim the occasional scrap mag!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...