Sunday, February 11, 2007

No title today!!

It gets a bit tedious trying to think up titles.



Anyhoo, I have a couple of scrappy things to show but Jack just came to sit up on my lap and has a stinky bum so I'll be back in 2 seconds...



Ok I'm back. So I'll show you my latest scrappy stuff first. There's a LO of Jack hanging out the 'washing' which was very cute and like Narelle said he'll make my future DIL very happy especially because he also vaccums, mops, sweeps, wipes down everything, puts every skerick(sp?) of rubbish in the bin and washes the walls. The second is an altered letter for Zoe's birthday. I'm doing a couple more of these at the moment too for birthday gifts. I think they're great but the J in the range dosn't self stand so I can't do one for Jack. Here they are...





Jack has been a bit off lately but I think it's just a combination of a cold, teething and distrubed sleep patterns. He has hardly eaten anything in a couple of days so I'm just cooking some pikelets to try and intice him. It seems to be working.

As I was cooking my pikelets I was thinking about some things as you do. I was down in the dumps a bit yesterday but today I'm feeling pretty happy with my life. I mean some weeks there may be a bit of tight purse strings and cranky husbands to deal with but I am pretty lucky. I have a great family, a husband that loves me to bits, the most beautiful, smart, cheeky, lovable, healthy son and we all are in good health, have all our limbs and have plenty of food in our tummy and a warm bed at night. It's so frustrating that things are so out of proportion when you feel depressed. I just wish I had a lighter attitude towards life. I mean in general I'm happy and chatty and easy going but lately the slightest thing tends to send me off. Poor Owen normally gets the brunt of it. Maybe I should puts some mantras around the house to remind me of the important things.

Okay on to a completely different topic althogether now. On Friday night I went out with the girls from work, we have once a month dinner date, and it is such a nice night out. We went to Pacinos, an italian restaurant that's been around forever, and it was great. The woman that owns it is a bit brusque but the other wait staff were lovely. I had the most delicious meal, lobster ravioli with asparagus in champagne sauce. It was devine, and then tiramisu for desert. YUMMY!! After dinner Charlene and I went to Jenny's house for coffee and a chat. It was so relaxing. Jenny showed us her wedding dress, she got married probably 30 years ago or so, so it was the 70's and you should see her dress. It's adorable. It's just cotton with cotton lace bands running horizontally all through the dress and I think it's probably about a size 4. Nothing underneath, thoroughly see through and she wore a wide brimmed sun hat. The photo is just gorgeous, especially with Allen in his cool suit and the funkiest shoes ever. Anyhoo, it was a lovely night.

Hmmm, what else, what else. Well there's nothing really and I should be doing some housework anyway but I might go and do my EB recipe cards instead. I'll put on a load of washing to make me feel better about it first.

Ciao! :)

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...