Sunday, February 25, 2007

A nothing weekend

Well, we have done NOTHING this weekend. It's just been blissfully un-busy. Saturday morning I woke up at 4am with the worst heartburn(I'm never eating pizza at night again). I just could not lie still so I got up and had a bath which did nothing for me so I thought I'd just go and watch a movie and have a cup of coffee because I just couldn't sleep. So I watched two movies, John Cutter Must Die (bit stupid, teen flickish) and Stick It (gymnastics movie, which I liked, it was a bit teenish as well but I really like gymnastics), and then I went back to bed for a couple of hours, luckily Owen was off this weekend and looked after Jack. So then when I got out of bed Owen was watching the Benchwarmers, which was really funny. Then I did some scrapbooking, we had dinner, watched Iron Chef (one of my favourite shows) put Jack to sleep (which took FOREVER) and then we watched LittleMan which was pretty good too. Have I mentioned before just how much I love our new media room? Then today I pottered around a bit, put dinner in the slow cooker, did some scrapbooking and surfed the net. So how's that for a lazy weekend.
When I got home on Friday night there was a message on the phone from Mum to say Grandad had been taken to hospital because he'd been having chest pains so that was a bit worrysome. He's in his eighties but is really good for his age. Mum rang later that night to say they were keeping him in for observation that night and to do some tests but that they thought he may have had a minor heart attack. I'm not sure what the actual prognosis is but Mum phoned Saturday morning to say he's okay and has gone home and will just have to go and see his GP on Monday. Mum is coming over this afternoon so I'll get all the details then.

Scrapbooking: There was a cyber crop on on Friday night at EB which was great. I didn't chat much as I was a bit pre-occupied thinking about Grandad but I did do a page . There were 3 challenges, 1. a Lo using scraps, 2. a sketch challenge and 3. a LO using fabric and stitching. I'm really happy with the third one but the other 2 are a bit sterile. Oh well...

Well I had better go and vacumm. Mum is coming over this afternoon for her regular Sunday afternoon drop in and then she's staying for dinner and Owen's Dad and nephew are coming over as well. We're having slow cooker pot roast and veges for dinner. It should be delicious and it'll be nice to have them all at our table. We hadn't seen Jadon for a while but now that his uni exams are finished he said he'll be coming around more which will be great and we are going to try to have Owen's dad over more often as well. He must be so lonely in that big house all alone.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome LO's Jody. Love them all!!
It does appear that you do enjoy your new media room lol. DH would be so envious!

I hope your Grandad is ok too.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...