Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pictures galore today...

Well I've had quite an enjoyable weekend.
On Saturday, Jack and I met up with one of my work friends, Eleanor, at McDonalds for morning tea and a chat while Jack played on the playground and then we went and checked out a couple of shops. Eleanor is due to have her first baby just after Christmas so we went and checked out the new baby store in town and then ducked in next door for a browse through the most gorgeous furniture/homewares store which is owned by one of my Mum's friends. I wish I could re-decorate my house every month. They have some fabulous arrangements there. It's like my idea of heaven. After that we parted ways and Jack & I went and checked out a scrap shop and then headed over to Stockland for lunch and a browse. It was great.
Saturday night I went over to one of the other girl's from works house for pizza and a bit of a hang out...by my self. It's very relaxing not having to chase a toddler around someone's home for fear of them trashing the joint. Great conversation, very eye opening, frickin' hilarious in fact. And look at what Owen cooked up for he and Jack for dinner, some puffy pinwheels and in 4 flavours and can't you tell he's married to a scrapbooker...he photographed his food. PMSL!! I'm sure Owen's dad thinks I'm crazy because he comes over for dinner and I photograph the food. Hey, you never know when you're going to do a recipe swap.


Jack and I have had a lovely day today. I've done some scrapbooking OTP stuff and he helped with some of them. He pust some stuff through the Xyron and peeled off the backing and helped stick things down. Very helpful. We also did a bit of reading, played the guitar, sang at the top of our voices, played some mini golf and blew some bubbles and then Grandma came over. Here she is...and I must say she looked great today. She's wearing her hair longer than normal lately and it really suits her and I love the outfit. And here is the cutest photo of my gorgeous boy laughing uproarisly. He is adorable.
Speaking of Jack, he must have told me about a dozen time today, "I love you very much Mummy". He is beautiful, a beautiful little soul.
A little story about our little character, Jack. Yesterday when we were at IGA I was having a look in the party supply isle (they have some fantastic stuff there) and Jack picked up one of the glitter covered top hat things, stuck it on his head, threw his arms out to the side and comes out with, "I'm singin' in the rain". What the??? The child is only 2 and a half and he's already singing broadway!?!? He also loves the songs in Circ De Soleil's Allegria. He is soooo dramatic. It's hilarious.
We of course went for our weekly walk to the creek with Grandma and Jack bought his toilet roll binoculars with him. The mosquitos were absolutely vicious today. I even have mossie bites on my bum and I was wearing demin pants. They were BIG mossies.
Here is the scrapping that Jack and I got up to today. I finished of my brother's families advent tree that I was meant to do before last Christmas but at least I'm early for this Christmas. I really like the way theirs turned out. I made theirs a bit funkier than mine because they've got pre-teen/teen kids. I hope they like it.

Here's a close up...
I am going to make up some reindeer food for my cousins littlies this year and was wondering what to put them in and then it came to me. Mum and everyone from work have been saving me all their eclipse mint tins so I'm going to use them. And here are a couple of others that I decorated just Christmasy because I thought maybe I might be able to use them instead of gift tags this year and have some lollies in them as a little bonus.Well that's it for now. Jack went to bed early tonight so after Australian Idol finishes I might go and do my LO for the EB weekly challenge this week, especially since I set the challenge this week.


Oh, and I nearly forgot. Here is a photo I took yesterday of a flower in our garden and I just wanted to show it off . I really like the colours and depth of field.
Ciao!!

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...