Monday, September 10, 2007

Guess what I had for dinner...

I've just come home from the stone grill restaurant and I had the Bellow, Hop, Chomp for dinner. Beef, kangaroo and crocodile. It was my first time having roo and croc and I'd have to say I didn't mind the roo but the croc was a bit ho-hum. The stone grill is really unusual. Your plate comes out with a stone on it that's about 20cm x 15cm and about 5cm thick. The rock is heated to 400 degrees and they just plop your selected meat on there and when it gets to the table you flip it to seal the other side and then you just slice off pieces and cook as you go. It's very different. Your food definately stays hot that's for sure. I also shared some oysters kilpatrick with some of the girls for entree. I have been craving oysters for days and days now so I feel much better now. After dinner we stopped at Baskin and Robins for some ice cream so I'm feeling full as a goog.

And I just thought I'd share a cute story about Jack. He was having some mud cake for morning tea the other day (naughty mummy) and I put a swirl of cream on his plate. He asked me what it was and I said that it was cream and he says, "For my bum?" The look on his face was hilarious. I'm sure he thought I was crazy putting bum cream on his cake.

Okay, I'm going to surf the net.

Ciao

Sorry if I grossed anyone out with my meal selection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.... that's an orginal way to have dinner served!!

ROFL at the cream story!!

*Sue* said...

I have had roo and croc and emu and they are all ok but not everyday kinda stuff ;)

thanks for the laugh too - the bum cream pmsl :)

love the new hair-do, looks great :)

*Sue* said...

oh forgot to say - there's a typo on your blog hehe - Your Scaps - is missing the R ;)

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...