Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Around our place...

I thought I'd share a few things from around my house today.

I bought some new prints recently and hung them last night. This one is in my scrap room/spare bedroom. It's so lovely and it looks really nice against the wall colour.
And this is the new quilt cover I got. I would love this as scrap paper. :P
And then I got this one for our bedroom. This isn't a very good photo though. I just love magnolias.My Mum gave me these little chinamen ages ago and they live under my potted olive tree just at my front door. Arn't they exquisite? I have no idea what this bush is called but it's in my garden and it has a mass on blooms on it at the moment and there are bees galore hanging around it. So here's a photo of a fat little flying bee.
There is a Geisha Girl duranta just at our mailbox and I really want to cut it back but it has 3 bird's nests in it. This morning I noticed that one of the nests had dropped down so I got it out to have a look and it still had 4 little eggs in it. I'm positive the nest is old (normally I hear the birds hanging around) and not being used but I'm not sure whether birds will re-use a nest or not so I just took some photos and popped it back in the bush a bit higher and more securely.
Here are the little eggs.
And it's rubbish day at our house today so I took some photos of Jack chasing the rubbish truck. He just LOVES rubbish day. Our rubbish and recycling guys are so lovely. They all wave to Jack as the go past and give him back the recyling bags.
Credits- embellishments by ksharonkdesigns, tag sale papers by Tracy Collins and red letters by Scarlett Heels.

I saw this on a Pillowgirl's blog today and thought I'd post it here as well. I think this quote is just great.And lastly...look what came for me today!!
It is amazing. Thank you so much to Dove, Essential Baby and to those who nominated me. This is my prize for supporting Dove/EB's 'Beautiful You' campaign by making 'beautiful' signatures for other EB members. I must say it was such a nice campaign to be a part of and it was really great timing for me personally because at the time that the lovely Dee bought Ngaire Bartlem's 'Beautiful...like a rainbow' thread to our attention at EB I was feeling a bit down about myself. I know it's only natural to have ups and downs in life but with the passing of the anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks and a few other things that have made me reflect on myself and my life I truly do feel grateful that I am who I am and live in such a great country. I have a wonderful husband, a precious precious darling child, a great supportive family, a fabulous group of friends, a home of my own and food in my belly. And as far as personal beauty is concerned...well...I am happy being me.

Well, while I was just checking out Dee's blog to link her above I see that she is doing Rhonna Farrer's 21 day challenge so I might even give it a go myself. I have no idea what my challenge will be but I love Rhonna's brushes and things so it's a perfect excuse to use them.

Okay, I better go and do some housework (aha maybe that can be my 21 day challenge) but hopefully I'll be back later with some scrapping to show.

Bye bye

2 comments:

~Cat~ said...

Congrats on the EB/Dove Win! thorougly deserved though!

Just love that print in your first pic too..it's gorgeous :D

Sarah said...

well done on the win hun and wow at the things in your house,devine!!!

love the layout too xx

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...