Sunday, January 24, 2010

A trip to the beach...

My cousin Julie and her family are up for a visit from Melbourne this weekend so Jack and I headed down to the beach where they are staying for a bit of a visit. The last time I had seen Julie & Steve was when I went to the scrap retreat down there, so a fair while ago and I hadn't yet met the latest addition to their family, the adorable Danielle.
Here she is having her first ever walk on the beach. She is such a sweet little thing. The kind of baby you just want to cuddle.And this is Julie with their son, Lachlan getting their feet wet. Poor Lachie is covered in bites from something. He is such a little cutie with a killer smile.And I could not believe Jack in the water. It was pretty choppy and he went in way past his waist all by himself. He had an absolute ball. Definitely has gained alot of confidence in the water in the last six months.My Mum came over this afternoon and while we were out in the yard discussing our future garden plans I spotted this nest in the top of one of our big shrubs (I really need to get a bigger lens). I havn't seen one of these types of nests around before. It is quite small and looks like it's made from a very fine material. Any bird experts our there that can tell me what type of bird it belongs to? I'll have to keep and eye on it and see if I can see the birds it belongs too.The same shrub, which is a geisha girl duranta, is always home to these big buzzy bumble bees. It's just incredible to watch them. It's seriously inconceivable that their little wings can carry them.Tomorrow is Jack's last day at daycare!! I decorated an old coffee tin and filled it with lollies to give to the teachers at his daycare. Another step closer to Jack's first day a school!!

Well, I'm off to bed, nighty night.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...