Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ah, the old slip 'n slide...

Brings back such great childhood memories of summers at the beach house with all my cousins.
This was the first outing Jack's slip n slide has had. It was one of his Christmas presents. He has used a slip n slide before he tells me at daycare but I think he needs a bit more practice to get up some bravado.
He was standing over near the swings, he fakes spitting on his two hands then rubs them together in preparation (I don't know where he picked that up from), gets his little run up, pauses at the end of the slide and then dives on, then he just comando crawls his way down the slide. I tried to tell him to just run and jump but he didn't seem to get it. I would have shown him how but the slide is only 4 metres long and I didn't really feel like getting catapulted into the garden or over the retaining wall. He had a great time though and it was a nice way to spend a hot afternoon and I got some gardening done while he played. When we went to pack up to go inside however I discovered that the little rat had used the rest of my almost full bottle of dishwashing liquid!! At least the it should help the water penetrate a bit better I guess.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...