Sunday, January 03, 2010

A quick trip to the beach...

I wanted to take Jack to the beach today and since O's days off conflict with Jack and I most weeks we decided to go down late this afternoon after O finished work. Jack asked if Bella could come and we thought she may as well since she hasn't been to the beach in years. Turns out it was not such a good idea. I'm sure I've mentioned before but she's 15 (so 105 in human years) and she has quite bad arthritis in one leg and is not easy to walk at the best of times. She would take 2 steps and then lie down, 2 more steps, lie down etc etc, if Jack an I got out of her sight she would whine and whine. Some passers-by even snickered at her lack of speed. When we were leaving O just carried her back up to the car, otherwise we'd probably still be there. How cool is Jack's new swim shirt?! He got it for Christmas. I think it's pretty cool.
We saw a couple of these little jellyfish washed up on the sand.
Jack hada ball splashing around in the rock pools. He was trying to catch the little fish but didn't have much luck. He did manage to catch a couple of hermit crabs though.
Jack, Daddy O & Bella.
Jumping the waves.
I found this funny thing along the low tide line. I'm not sure what it is but it looked pretty cool. I thought it might have been some sort of sea anemone.
And this photo O took of Jack jumping in one of the rock pools just before we left. Such joy in the little thing.
Ciao.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...