Thursday, February 28, 2008

OMFG

Guess where I'm going??







OK, do you give up.....














I'm going to the Scraptacular Retreat 2008!!!

I am VERY excited!! It's in July and it's held at The Country Place in the Dandenong ranges so it's going to be very very cold apparently which will be a big change from here. I'm soooooo excited. There is a big group of girls from the EB scrap threads that will be going which is the reason I am going. There's just no way I could justify spending the money otherwise, I wasn't going to go originally for just that reason but Owen said I should and I guess it's not something I've ever done before so like I always say, you should try new things!!
I will be flying by myself which is going to be a bit of a test of courage and then one of the lovely Melbourne EB girls, Tracey, is going to collect myself and another girl, Tina, from the airport and we're going to drive to the retreat which is sooo nice of her. Thanks Tracey.
On Sunday after the retreat is wrapped up I'm going to go and visit my lovely cousin Julie and stay there for the night...or maybe 2 and then fly back to Rocky.
I'm going to miss my boys though. Owen and I have only spent about 4/5 nights apart in 16 years and I've never been apart from Jack. He spent a couple of hours at my friend Kim's house one day and I missed him then. I'm sure the excitement of meeting these girls after chatting with them on-line for the last couple of years will help ease the feelings though.
It's going to be so much fun.
It's a shame that all the EB girls can't go. :-( There's a few girls I'd really love to meet that arn't going to make it like Donna, Sarah, Deb and Brenda(who I'm going to meet up with soon though) to name a few. I'm really sorry that they can't come. :-( and I do know how you girls are feeling because I had tears welling in my eyes last night thinking that there's no way I'd be able to go, I'm just thankful that I can. {{{HUGS}}} Big hugs all the way around cyber Australia for you girls. Maybe we can hook up a webcam.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so excited for you Jody!!!!
And webcam........what a fabulous idea!Cannot believe you have not spent more than 5 nights away from Owen?!! Seriously that just boggles my mind. My partner and I have probably spent more time apart than together I think, he always seems to be working somewhere other than where we live, LOL (mmmmm, maybe this is deliberate on his part??)
And being away from Jack? Yes it will suck, I hate being away from my kids, really hate it, but you will be having such a fab time it will be worth the small sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo, Jody - I'm so sad everyone can't come as well.... :(

Sarah said...

Oh you are a sweetie,thanks hun but there is no way I can afford it esp now I am on my own,I so need a holiday too :( You will just have to enjoy yourself for me ok ?
I so want to come though,I need it after the year or more I have had
:(
I have webcam btw so any time u wanna get on there,let me know x

Anonymous said...

YAY Jody! So happy you can come! Can't wait to meet you!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...