Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another weekend!!

Jack and I spent the day on Saturday cleaning the house. He's soooo funny. You'd think from the comments he makes that I was some sort of neat freak. He spouts off little cleaning tips to me and wants to help do everything. Like this morning, I was making him a milkshake and as I went to put the lid on the shaker it slipped off the counter and we had milkshake for metres and Jack comes up and says..."Mummy, what did you do? You'd better mop that up" Little bugger. It feels sooo nice to have a clean house. I always feel much more relaxed.

We went out for dinner to the Gracemere Hotel with all our mum's/bub's group and families. They've got a fantastic set up out there and the decor is lovely. They have really nice dark carpet with the most beautiful colour on the walls, a dark timber chair rail above a pressed metal base that is a light cream colour. Looks great. The dining room is really long and at one end, which is where we were seated, there is a glassed off area for the kids to play in. There's a littlies play area, a projector and 6 flat panels with different playstation games to play. It's great. The meals were fabulous too and were really reasonably priced, for the 3 of us for the night was about $55 and Owen and I had entrees and mains and that included a round of softdrinks. Great meals, great service, great atmosphere, great for families.

Today I did a bit of scrapping while Jack did some drawing and reading (I didn't get to take photos though so I'll post them tomorrow night). This afternoon my Mum came over for our standing Sunday date and after a coffee and chat we headed down to the footy field to fly some kites.
And can I just point out how fabulously good looking my husband is! :-PHere's Jack dipping his toe in one of the many puddles that are around at the moment.Jack checking out the scenery from up high.
There is so much change down at the creek it will be interesting to see it in a few months. There are huge big areas of rocks that have either being exposed or moved downstream. The water has been diverted too so there's now a branch off that's really flowing. Here's a photo of the exposed tree roots.

It's been flowing so much that there's trolleys that had been in the creek and have been moved about 400 metres downstream.

I nearly forgot too, check out these cool wall stickers...thanks for the link Erica (here's one picture to wet your appetite-I want them all!!!)

K, no more to say, check you all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody - I LOVE your picturesd they are always so vibrant and Fun and OMG I WANT that wall art. Although I can imagine mine looking like a scrunched up mess on the wall....

Anonymous said...

luuuve that wall art!!

wow look at your little fella flying that kite....great pic's, and yes a very handsome hubby you have there..

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...