Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long time no post...

Sorry...

I've been a bit busy with stocktake at work and before that my life was just too boring to write about but now at least I have some scrapping to show, my life's still boring though :P

I'll start off with this photo of the boys from our walk on the weekend. My neiceRasharna came with us as well. It's not so smelly down at the creek but it dosn't look very pretty at the moment. If you look at the tree where Jack is pointing you can see the water mark. This is the same bridge that is in my previous posts just to give you an idea of how much water we're talking about. And it's been raining for days here too with more to come so there is water water everywhere.
Owen has sold his motorbike. He bought it to ride to work but never got around to getting his license but nows he's decided he wants to buy a crappy old gemini panelvan instead. Boys and their toys, I tell ya. So here's Jack on the bike, he'll be disappointed that it's going, he loves climbing on and pretending he's riding it.I made this nappy cake for a friend of a friend. I think they are such a great gift for baby showers. They look so impressive. I've gotten the knack of it now and they don't take me long to put together at all.
And here's what I've been scrapping...
This LO is for the In Your Skin challenge/comp over at Embellished.
This is for the weekly challenge over at EB. The challenge was to create a LO in predominately red using only paper and cardstock, no embellishments. I was a bit worried that I had lost the scrap addiction actually. It had been so long since I've done anything but I still really enjoy it. I think I was just all shitty because my room was an unbearable mess but I've cleaned it all out now so the mojo can just flow around the room. I also won a fabulous kit from Embellished which gave me a bit of a kickstart. The last LO is using some stuff from the kit. I'll re-photograph these LO's if the rain ever goes away because the colours are just blech in the photos.

I went out for my monthly dinner date with the work girls on Sunday night. We went to the Parkhust Taven and the meals were just fantastic. I had almond crumbed fried camembert with mango and sweet chilli sauce for entree which was just delish and then for mains I had an entree sized prawns with garlic and white wine sauce in a filo basket which was just devine. Yum yum yum. I shouldn't talk about food though, I'm trying to diet. I doubt it'll last long thought, my will is weak.

Owen is off tomorrow and we are going to take Jack to the Crazy Joker to meet up with Kim, Jared and Charlotte. Should be good fun. Jack's going a bit stir crazy with all the wet weather around and not being able to play outside. Poor little bugger, I feel like I've been yelling at him all day. He's just been driving me crazy. I know he's just bored but omg, he just wants to climb all over me all the time and he's getting heavy and it hurts. Anyhoo...

I'm outta here. Off to watch Amazing Race Asia.

Ciao!


2 comments:

Brenda said...

OMG Jody, I seriously just want to die if you saw me this afternoon, yes I was in Best and Less. So if you saw some crazed looking woman who was dressed like a bag lady with a very tired looking baby strapped to her back, pushing a pram with a 'way to big for the pram' toddler in it, that was me, I am so embaressed.
We had a very bad day today.
Clary is sleeping in one hour stretches (on average), and has been since November. This morning it all caught up with me, soooooo tired. Looked at the mess in my house and had to get away from it. Could barely dress myself (as you would realise if you did see me), put the kids in the car and just GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE.
If you thought I looked like a drug addict, I actually am not - just unbelievably sleep deprived right now.
I even took Ruby to McDonalds for lunch (something we've never done) as I didn't even feel capable of making her a sandwich. Ugh.
I just want to crawl under a rock at the thought of you seeing the wreck I was today.
Seriously. The. Worst. Day. Ever.


OK, enough about me


Lovin' your nappy cake

Anonymous said...

Glad you scraped again!!..missed your lovely work!...I didnt realised (or had forgoton) that you go to Embellished I stopped visiting there as the pages always took forever to load for me...

Your dinner sounds nice...omgosh at that water level..

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...