Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another layout and a great lunch

I did a layout this afternoon. I love this photo, it's soooo cute. Love these papers too.Jack and I went and met up with my friends Erica and Kim today for lunch and then Kim and I went and had a look in a couple of shops. There's a new shop my friend Charlene told me about, can't remember the name...Piggy something, and the lady buys second hand clothes and completely alters them to make one of pieces. Some very cool stuff. Love the way she's set up the store too. She's got sheets of fabric hanging on the walls and a variety of pens available for the kids to do some drawing on it while you have a browse, the racks that the clothes hang on are made from old rope spools and have cool belts attatched around them, she takes photos as she sells the stock and puts it in her 'catalogue' which I thinks a neat idea so the clothes are modelled by their new owner and she's going to make jean bags, similar to these, and sell them as shopping bags. I've been planning on making one of those bags since before Christmas.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I saw the 'Piggy' lady at the markets a few weeks ago, shall have to go and check out her shop.
I love those jeans bags, will have to give it a shot myself, very cool and very enviromentally friendly!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...