Sunday, March 02, 2008

DOH!!

I was going to change my blog's skin today but when I uploaded it I decided that I didn't like it but then when I went to reload my old one the html hadn't saved properly and I lost all my links and things. So if you used to be on my link list and you're not I'm sorry. I'll find you all again I'm sure.

I had a bad day today. I woke up this morning with a pain in my upper abdomen, I've had it before and it's that bad that last time I couldn't sleep all night. So anyway, I tried the normal things, Mylanta, buscopan, pain killers, nice warm shower but all were to no effect. The pain got so bad that I ended up phoning Owen at work in tears asking him to come home and take me to the hospital, which he did. So that's how we spent our Saturday afternoon. At the hospital, getting jabbed (apparently my veins are hard to find, I got canulas inserted in both hands and both elbows before they found a vein) and eventually being given some morphine for the pain and sent home with a couple of scripts, a letter for my GP and a referral for an ultrasound. They think maybe it's gall stones so I have to watch my diet. It bloody hurt!! A LOT!! But when we got home I took more painkillers, hopped in the bath, then the shower, then the bath again, then off to bed for a couple of hours and I feel much better now.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Calliope markets with my Mum and Grandma which should be a nice day. There's normally just the same people there every markets but it's a nice day out and it's doubly nice to spend time with my Mum and Grandma. They are lovely ladies. Mum's been sick the last couple of days so hopefully she'll be much better tomorrow.

Well I better head to bed.

Catch you on the flipside.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh no Jody, gall stones are the worst pain ever, worse than labour pain if you ask me. I suffered badly with gall stones after both my babies, and finally got my gall bladder out when Clary was 8 weeks old.
Mind you I had to go to another health district to get it done as every time I presented in Rocky they would just send me home :(

Good luck, I hope it does not get any worse for you, I really do.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...