Thursday, August 09, 2007

Toilet training is nearly killing me...warning this post may be TMI for some people!!

Jack is full blown toilet training at the moment and I think I'm going to take up drinking or something to take the edge off. It's driving me balmy. I'm trying soooooooooo hard to be patient but I tells ya, my gosh. Some times he wants to wear a nappy and sometimes he want to wear jocks and you just can't talk him out of either. Then he keeps doing poo's (sorry if tmi) in his nappy and the second he does it he starts crying and then rushes to the toilet to whip off his nappy so you have to sprint to the toilet after him before the poo falls out and then you have to plop the poo in the loo, he flushes and waves and says, "Bye poo, see you soon" and then the real fun starts. He then want to sit on the loo, thankfully he can put his little seat up and climb up there himself because he's up and down up and down for about the next twenty minutes, seriously. I would think he'd get bored but no. So I have to stand there and talk to him for awhile, he tries to impress you by grunting and pretending to push out a poo (see I did warn you about the tmi), tells me the "poo comes out your bot-bomb" and "you have to push poo out your bum" then after awhile he closes the door on me and then the sneaky little bugger tries to pull all the toilet paper off the roll. So he's up and down and on and off and chatty and not and then finally he'll do a teeny tiny little wee. He's a bit tough on his bits too, I think he thinks it's a rubber band. So then we go to the bathroom to wash his hands and then he gets to hop up on the counter to put a star sticker on his chart which is a trial in itself and he also gets a star to wear. It's really cute too, he has a mole on the back of his hand which has been there since he was a little baby and that's exactly where he wants the star, right on the spot. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a UTI from the toilet training as well. I have to sneak to the toilet and try to quickly go before he gets there otherwise he's in there trying to pull me off the seat, "No Mummy, mine's toilet!!!" Hopefully at least it will be good for my pelvic floor. Hi David!!

Anyhoo, now to the fun bit of the day. I was scrapbooking today, woohoo, and Jack was there right beside me of course doing some drawing and then all of a sudden he said, "Look Mummy, there's a lion" with a little fearful tone in his voice. And he was standing up looking towards the bed and then he told me it was under the bed and then there was an elephant (which it sounds like he was saying rabbit), a giraffe and a tiger. Now I'm presuming that the fear I heard in his voice was a put on as of course there was no lion in the room. How bloody clever is that. I mean the kid only turned 2 in April. I can't believe that they can work out imaginary things this early. So since I was scrapbooking at the time I went and got some toilet rolls and made him a pair of binoculars to use on his little African safari. He knew straight away what they were for too and stood up on his chair and looked out the window and then told me there were monkey's in the monkey tree in our next door neighbours yard. It went on for ages too, him telling me all the different things the animals were doing such as lying under a bush and popping up and eating bananas. I was astonished.
And just to make you all jealous, I gave my poor old feet a paraffin wax bath last night. I have the most awful cracked heals and they've been really painful so I thought I'd better do something about it. On Monday night I had a nice long foot soak while watching ER, which I'm so excited that they've put it back on and the Abby's baby was okay, and then last night I lathered my feet in moisturiser and then dipped them in the paraffin wax and sat and watched House (addicted to medical dramas :P). If you've never had a paraffin wax treatment you really should. It's normally for your hands and it makes them feel absolutely devine. Owen bought me a wax spa years ago and although I hardly ever use it, I'm soooooo glad I have it.
Note. you do wait until the wax melts obviously but it made for a prettier picture unmelted like this.
Well, I really should be off making lunches for tomorrow so bye!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

The joys of TT'ing hey? Coban's not too fussed about it all yet but he does tell me when he does #2's in his nappy so that's a start. I guess i have some fun to look forward to lol.

Love the binoculars too. What a clever little man you have there.

Oh and i am a little jealous about that wax treatment. It sounds heavenly.

Amie said...

Your TT story is too funny, Gee Jack talks well for a 2yo don't you think??

I have never heard of the parafin wax thingy but it sound nice.

Have a good week.
Amie xx

Kim Nutley said...

Oh i hear you on the TT going through the same thing here.

Love the binoculars very cute, and gotta love parrafin wax leave u feeling so silky smooth.

Kim

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...