Saturday, August 04, 2007

Rocky Swap Bargains!!

Well the illustrious Rocky Swap Meet was on today and after hours and hours of browsing Jack & I returned home dusty, milk stained and sore footed (well me anyway) but with some bargains to show for our trouble.
Jack was sooking within 50 metres of the front gate about being in his pram so he sort of spent the day in and out of his pram, walking like a good boy, running away with Mummy chasing him like a bad boy and the rest of the time was spent up on my shoulders. I had a few older ladies tell me he looked like he'd had enough, hmmm.
Anyhoo, here's a couple of my bargains...the vinyl case is very cute, I'm planning on altering it but I'm not sure how I'll go with it being vinyl and all, it was $1; next we have an octagonal plastic biscuit container which of course I'm planning on altering also, it was 50c; the basket's a bit naff I know but it was only $1 and it's pretty big, about 35cm diameter so it'll be handy for throwing something in; the cake pan was only 50c, it's only a little one and I'll probably hardly ever use it but it was only 50c so I thought what the heck.


As I've stated before, I just LOVE Christmas. There was one stall that was selling a massive amount of Christmas lights and paraphaelia and when I saw these I just couldn't resist. I've always wanted Owen to make something for out the front like these so now he dosn't have to. I bought 2 boxes for $10 and was expecting to get 4 reindeer but one box only had 1 in it not that I'm particularly worried. As you can see by Jack the supermodel they are a decent size. They need to be cleaned up a bit and I've got this nice fine glitter spray varnish so I might give them a little bit of glitz as well.These were Jack's purchases for the day. The Elmo doll was only $2 and was bought early on in the day and did a great job of keeping him occupied for about and hour so I would count it as a great bargain and the Elmo t-shirt was $2 as well and is in fantastic condition. As you can probably guess Jack is loving Elmo at the moment. Okay, the fudge. Well it was just the normal price, 4 for $10 which I still think is cheap as. The woman that makes it is local and she and her teenage daughters man the stand. I always look for them when we go to any markets because her fudge is fantastic. Nice and creamy. I hate it when you buy fudge and it's all hard and chrystalised. Anyway my stack is, from the bottom, russian caramel, very vanilla, plain old chocolate and heavenly which is layered choc, caramel and white choc. As I said, GREAT fudge and the woman who makes it always wears linen and looks organised which makes me feel good about buying her fudge for some reason.And lastly these are a few things I picked up for my EB embellishment swap person, just a little sneak peak. I think they're some cool things so I really hope she likes what I've gotten her. Rach had posted about a cyber crop last night and I felt like scrapping so I decided to check out the challenges. I've still got one more to go as well. There were two sketch challenges and a colour challenge, the top LO is the colour challenge one using brown, blue & green.I buggered up the fold in the ribbon as you can see but other than that I'm prety happy with this LO. I love red and black pages, they're always very dramatic.We had a bit of an incident at our place this morning. Jack is doing really well with his toilet training although it took us ages to get out of the house this morning because he kept wanting to go to the toilet, so anyway, he's sitting up there and I'm sitting on the floor (this had been going on for a bit) and he's chatting away and all of a sudden his dummy fell out of his mouth and into the loo!! Now whilst I was typing this I thought to myself that it's probably not very hygenic to let him have a dummy in the loo anyway but anyway on with the story. Now Jack had been quite dummy addicted since the moment I first stuck one in his mouth and whilst Owen & I have discussed getting rid of it we really weren't in a hurry to push the issue. He's had no problems with speech and we decided that he'd grow out of it himself but for the last couple of weeks we've been telling him that when Santa comes at Christmas time that we would leave his noo-noo (dummy) out and Santa would take it with him and give it to a baby that needed one since he was a big boy and that Santa would give him extra presents. I had been having second thoughts about that plan because I didn't want Jack to not like Santa for taking his noo-noo away and so when it fell in the loo this morning I just told him that we had to throw it away because it had poo on it now and it might make him sick. We had a few tears but nothing too dramatic. I sent Owen and SMS warning him about it and throughout the day Jack has asked for it a couple of times but I just reminded him of what happened and...touch wood...he was okay. He had a little sook for a couple of minutes in the car but that's the worst we've had, even going to bed he was okay. So we'll see what tomorrow brings. Don't tell Jack but I have a couple of dummy's stashed on top of the fridge anyway.

And speaking of toilet training Jack informed me this afternoon that poo comes out of your bot-bomb. So there you go people, now you all know.

That's it, I might go and watch a movie, have a coffee and eat some yummy fudge.

Oh and btw, my first day with the new boss went okay, we'll just wait and see what the future brings.

Bye

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hahah at Jack telling us where poo comes from classic rofl what bargains you got Jody,you are the bargain queen!!!!
btw I really want some of that fudge now,you know that don't you :P

Amie said...

Love all your little bargins can't wait to see the altering!

I hope Jack goes well without the dummy... My little girl Mia - I told her that the fairies came and took it to give it to the sick babies in hosp. She was quite happy with that and went to sleep no worries! I am sure if she had of cried I would have given in.... I think for a few of her day sleeps I let her have it when she was really overtired and I would just hide it again once she had gone to sleep.... Then I really lost it so she had no choice. But she handled it all pretty well I thought, sometimes if she sees a baby with a dummy she will say the fairy took hers..... Kids have the best memories.

Ok sorry for rambling on so much LOL

ScrapFrames said...

Yummmooo! to the fudge! And your swap meet goodies look fab :) And, you have been tagged :P

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...