Monday, August 06, 2007

Prepare to be photo inundated!!

Well Jack and I had a pretty good day today. You know those days when you actually seem to get something done and you can look around the house and it actually looks pretty clean and tidy and you've done a couple of other things and it just seems like you've done something with your day.
After a nice leisurely breakfast and a bit of a web surf this morning I got into it and while Jack was watching the Wiggles I did the dusting, cleaned the kitchen, made the beds, vacummed the whole house, wiped down the cupboard fronts in the kitchen, put all the toys away and mopped all the floors. So our house once again looks liveable. Aaahhhhh, it's such a nice feeling, of course there are toys everywhere again now but at least you can walk through the lounge room without tripping over.
After that was all done Jack & I whipped up some cream and I chopped up some strawberries and we decorated a spone cake for afternoon tea with Grandma Joy. Jack loved the cream but of course hated the strawberries. He's not a very good fruit eater my Jack. He actually asked me for some fruit salad, yummy yummy today, of course while watching the Wiggles and so I chopped him up some banana, cherries, strawberries and grapes which he touched each to his lips and then pronounced all of it to be yuckky. Little turkey. I left it out for him for awhile because sometimes he comes back later and will eat something that he didn't eat earlier but I gave up and threw it out and then of course an hour later he came looking for his fruit salad again. Anyhoo, here's the cake and a little storyboard to go with it.
Just a cute photo...
Here he is concentrating very hard to make Grandma a pasta necklace. This was painfully frustrating to watch and I can't beleive he stuck with it for as long as he did. Note the little tongue pertruding. Cute.
So then this afternoon Grandma came over and after coffee and cake we headed down to the footie field to try and wear Grandma out. I think it probably worked. First we tried to fly the kite. Jack didn't quite get the gist of it though and instead of running away from the kite to get it in the air he kept running towards it and then getting tangled in the string, quite amusing to watch actually. At the end of the footie field there is a bit of an incline and so the next fitness test for Grandma was to run up to the top, count to 3 and then run back down again, repeat this about 20 times. Also note Grandma's style there with her gorgeous new necklace. Then it was up and around the block and over to check out the new shop down the road and then home again. Phwew!Then tonight our friends Michelle & Greg and their daughter Nicola come over for a little visit. Nice to sit around having a leisurely chat while the kids had a bit of a play and then dinner...
And look what we had tonight, Veal cutlets and grilled haloumi cheese and a little bit of salad. How crisp, fresh and inviting do those lettuce leafs look I ask you? You know why, cause I just picked them out of our potted garden this afternoon. Exciting hey. Actually they were quite nice as far a lettuce goes.On the dummy front, I have been extremely surprised. Jack hasn't asked for it once today. I can't believe how easy it's been. I was prepared for a HUGE battle and it's just been easy. Touch wood.
Righte0, I'm off to bed.
Bye.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

oh that cake looks so yummmmyyyy and those pics are great!

Angela said...

Well i feel very slack...I have only done the dishes lol.

That cake looks delicious too. What i'd give for a slice right now PMSL.

All the best with the dummy issue too. Coban only has his for bed now so hopefully i will be able to get rid of it soon. I was thinking Christmas too so we'll see. I don't want to do it before the twins arrive because they will probably have dummies too lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody,
Looks like you picked up some bargains at the Swap meet.....We went but late in the afternoon, I think all the good stuff was already bought by then...That cake looks delicous by the way....so next time you are in the shoppe....hint hint...lol ....just kidding!!!
Chat soon
Ali

Amie said...

That cake looks so devine I want some!!

Glad your house looks livable again cause mine doesn't I am planning on doing it tomorrow.....

Such cute photos, and yes your tea looked delicious too!

Amie said...

oh and I forgot to say I am glad Jack is not missing his dummy :o)

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...