Friday, August 17, 2007

Introducing Captain Meow

I thought since a few of the girls had been making soft toys that I may as well have a go as well. Now I used to sew but that was 15 years ago, I have a machine that was Owen's Grandmothers but I need a new needle so Captain Meow was made using my $16 little portable piece of junk. Apart from a few busted seams during stuffing I don't think I did too bad. Jack was watching me making him and asking what it was and I told him it was a cat for him and what did he want to name it, he just kept meowing at me and the one suggestion he did come up with was Kitti which is the name of one of our cats so I decided that we'll call him Captain Meow. The pattern was a freebie from Wee Wonderfuls if anyones interested.
I had one of those days yesterday, you know when you feel kind of funked and couldn't be bothered doing anything around the house so I scrapped. I did my advent tree...finally and I have another still to do for my brother's family and one for my Mum. I actually dimensional magic'd it too, some of the flowers discoloured a bit but it looks fine and is all protected. Inside the number 1 is the Christmas stamp from Jack's first Christmas and if I can fin the spare one from his 2nd it will be going in box 2 and so on...
And a LO using on the gorgeous sheets of paper that Sarah very kindly sent me.
Righteo, I better go and finish getting ready for work, catch you on the flipside.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody - WOW I love your pussy!!! And your scrappy stuff always rocks..

Anonymous said...

OPPS - I read that last comment back - I love your "sewn pussy cat"

Sarah said...

awww what a cool cat!!!! love the papers on that layout haha :P

Melanie said...

lol Dee pmsl!!!!

Love Captain Meow - very original name there hehe - now that I have a sewing machine I might make one for the girls if they behave lol.........

The layout is gorgeous Jody - very clever with the title there!

Anonymous said...

Luv your cat!!....how funky!

very nearly fell of the chair laughing at Dee's 1st comment!!

Fab LO and advent tree, good idea DMing it...and I love the idae of keeping a stamp from Jacks first Christmas

jodyg said...

Just admit it Dee...you want me. Grrrrrrrrr, baby.

~Cat~ said...

Love Captain Meow, and his name!! LOL

The seams are are a PITA when you need to stuff him hey..I had the same thing happen

LMAO Dee!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...