Monday, August 27, 2007

Markets and more...

Here's a quick run down of my weekend. We picked Jack up from daycare on Friday afternoon and he was upset when we got there and quite pale and the girls said he'd had an emotional day. They had phoned me at work to ask if they could give him panadol because he was saying his teeth hurt but obviously he was coming down with the flue. Friday nights our nephew Jadon comes over for dinner but then Jack had fallen asleep in the car so we came home first and put him to bed, I packed up all my scrap stuff to go to a crop then I went out to get burgers for dinner. When I got home Jack had woken up and was quite upset and had a temperature of 39 and a bit and was just not himself so we decided to take him up to the hospital. So I took all my scrap stuff out of the car, gathered our stuff together and off we head to the hospital but of course Jack fell asleep on the way there and we decided to head back home and see how he went. We don't normally rush off to the hospital but one of the daycare women had made a comment and then with all the awful stories about the flue this season we thought it might be best. Anyway, he'd settled down fine in bed so off I went to the crop (only 4 blocks away from home) but I didn't get much accomplished. I started one layout and finished off another (but I don't have a photo of it as our camera card is stuffed, and Erica, it's for the DT and it's of Lauren so if your heading by Scrappy Days you might want to drop in).

Saturday after a late start Jack and I headed out shopping and although I was only going to go to get a couple of things we ended up there all day. I bought a new small bag for when I go out without nappies, lol, and a few things from Lincraft. I've got plans for a few more pointy kitties when I get around to it and a pattern for a monkey that I can't wait to try out. I even got new needles for my sewing machine so these one's should be a bit quicker.

That night our friends Ben & Magda came over for dinner which was lovely. We havn't seen them in ages so it was great to catch up. You should see how much pavlova Owen ate. I can't believe he didn't get sick from it. It was a nice pavlova though, just a Woolworths brand one.

On Sunday Jack & I went to the Calliope markets with Mum and Aunt Jenny. Calliope is an hour and a bit away and they have markets there once a month. Mum's on a 7 day rotating roster so she's not very often off work when they're on. It was a nice day but there wasn't as much there as I had hoped. Mum bought me this gorgeous beaded gekho...
Isn't it cute. They had some cool things.

Anyway, not much else exciting to talk about. Jack and I didn't go to Mum's and Bub's group today because he's got a bit of a cough and I had a sore throat, I'd hate to get the other kids sick especially when they've all had the flue and are all just getting better.

I did a digi LO tonight just because I told Michelle I had a LO to post and then the camera card had stuffed up so I didn't actually have a photo of it so I thought I may as well do a digi. It's been awhile since I've done one. Retrodiva's Tag Sale freebie kit, chippies by I Made This Today, frames by Designs on the edge, scrabble letters by Lauren Bavin, flower by Saab, ribbon by Tabby Lewis, cardboard by DebF, tag by Linda G, notepaper by Anita Designs. Whew, I should just stick with one kit at a time really shouldn't I.

I also did up a new blog header for Sarah and a header for my forum as well as a link button. I actually did some html today, well sort of, and my gosh that stuff is confusing but anyway if anyone would like to put the link button on their blog just let me know and I'll give you the code.

I'm in the process of loading up my Master rejected entries if anyone wants a squizz they're here. If by chance Khrys Yealland drops by my blog, sees them and decides to make me a Master after all I will of course quickly remove them but I'm pretty damm sure I've been rejected so I thought I may as well show them off.

The vet rang today to confirm Ophelia's results and it's definately FIP. She seems comfortable at the moment so we'll just take it a day at a time.

That's it from me I think...don't forget any scrappers wanting to take part in the challenge in my last post you have until Friday. I havn't started on mine yet but I'll get there.

OK, nighty night.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Jody,hope you are both feeling better xx thanks for my gorgeous blog header mwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

OMG----totally loving that beaded gecko he is soooooooooo cute.

Anonymous said...

iF i EVER MANAGE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE WITHOUT 2 BABIES i WILL CALL BY SCAPPY DAYS. DON'T THINK i WOULD BRAVE TAKING BOTH OF THEM INTO THAT LITTLE SHOP. LAUREN WOULD BE TOO BUSY. VERY EXCITED TO SEE A LAYOUT ON HER THOUGH. I HAD BEEN THINKING BAOUT PACKING UP ALL MY SCRAPBOOKING STUFF AND DONATING IT TO YOUR GIVEAWAY PRIZEPACKS AS IT SEEMS LIKE I WILL NEVER HAVE THE MOTIVATION OR TIME TO SCRAPBOOK AGAIN...... MAYBE AT THE NEW HOUSE.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...