Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dandelions & 12 hours of scrapping...

Okay, well I'm going to work backwards here. My Mum came over this afternoon for her regular Sunday afternoon visit and out big adventure walk. Today she bought Jack a cool helicopter that has this launch tool so we took it with us but Jack can't pull the cord fast enough to make it go. He had fun trying though.
Where we live there is a creek at the end of our street and on the other side of the creek is a huge council botanical garden. They maintain our side of the creek as well so there an area that is blocks and blocks long to walk along. We normally only go on Sunday's with Grandma and Jack's Grandma is a bit of a nature lover so we stop and look at all sorts of things, plants, lizards, flowers, crunch leaves that sort of thing. I saw a dandelion today and I thought it would be a great photo opportunity. He loved it, as you can see from the photos so then we searched high and low to find him more to blow. I tell you what, I wish I was a child again. It looks like a blast.
This morning we went to the Multi-cultural day at the Uni. It was nowhere near a big as last year but all was not lost...my favourite fudge lady was there. They have markets and activities and info about the uni and music and all different types of food. So for lunch today we had some noodles and some machupicchuan for lunch. The noodles were crap but the machupicchuan was quite nice and then we had churros (mexican doughnutish things). Jack and Owen went for a ride on a camel!! I'm so pissed that I didn't have my camera. I nearly took it and then I thought, no I won't need it, it's just like a market. Grrr. They had a stall where you could get your name written in chinese so we got Jack's done and Owen got a leather bracelet.
On Saturday I went to Scrappy Days for a 12 hour crop. TWELVE HOURS!!!! Well I only went for 11 because I was runing late but still, ELEVEN HOURS!! It was great. My butt was killing me at the end of the night but it was great. I did the majority of a Maya Road "Love" book. They are quite fiddly to do. I've still got a couple of pages to go and all the journalling as well. I also did a layout and started another one as well which I finished off this morning.





I even went out on Friday night too. It was our regular girl's night out for work but one of the girls I work with sells Emma Page jewellery and one of the other women from work had a party and then we went out to dinner after that. It was a nice night but I ate WAY too much. Story of my life.

And I just want to say that I was a bit dissapointed with the series final of Grey's Anatomy. It was okay but not as tear jerking as I would have liked. Oh well, let's see what next season brings.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Loveeeeee that album and layouts Jody,gorgeous!!! That pic of Jack is adorable too!

Anonymous said...

Oh that 'love' album is just fantastic Jody... WOW Love those piccies too, you've done a great job!

Anonymous said...

Those pic's with the dandelion are gorgeous!!......as is that album.

I was a bit disapointed with Grey's Anatomy as well....but I didn't expect the wedding to fall though!

Kim Nutley said...

OMG 12 hours of scrapping !!!!!!!!!!

Love all your stuff you did and the Monkey one is definately my Favorite one.

The photos of Jack are so cute I really need to get out and take some more of Charlize I have taken any good ones since b4 we went away.

Kim

debbiedo said...

Those pics are devine Jody! You HAVE to scrap them right away! LOL.

Jack is lucky to have such a loving grandma, taking him on walks etc, sounds like so much fun.

Love your 'love' album, it's devine. OMG at the 11 hour scrapathon! I would have needed some wine to get me through that.

Melany said...

Hi there, I was just blog hopping as usual! and came accross yours from essential baby! Im in there too somewhere lol I just wanted to say how great your LOVE book is! did you make it from scratch or can you buy the break ready to decorate? Id love to know! My blog is (I have 2 lol) www.thedragonflycollection.blogspot.com Hope to hear from you!
Mel

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...