Monday, July 23, 2007

Tears today :(

Well I tells ya, I always used to carry a compact when I was pregnant. I'm a bit of a sooky la-la at the best of times but when I was pregnant I was an absolute cry baby so I always made sure I had a compact in my handbag for touch ups throughout the day...I should have left the damm thing in my handbag. I'm not pregnant but we've had stocktake all weekend because as I've mentioned in previous posts my boss is leaving and you always have the mandatory stocktake before hand so we've all been hard at work the last couple of days sorting through variances. It's a stressfull time in the office at the best of times and by the end of it all, which was today, there's normally been a few deep shaky breaths taken anyway but add to that the knowlege that the boss that you've worked for for in my case the last 4 years or so along with his gorgeous family is actually leaving town never to return again, well, lets just say it's a little hard to handle.

We get along pretty well for a workplace and I would consider most of the people I work with to be friends. When I worked full time before Jack was born, Simon and I worked pretty closely together and I used to say that it was just like working with my brother. He's a bit of a cheeky bugger and has been great to work for for all these years. I even got a phone call at 1ish in the morning when Sam, their first child was born. And I used to babysit for them when Simon and Kerryn went out occassionally. So they, Simon, Kerryn, Sam & Amber, will be very dearly missed. I wish them all the very best and I hope they settle in nicely in their new home in Wadongo.

You know how the old saying goes, never judge a book by it's cover, well I'm sure when you look at this photo of Simon you would think that he was pretty well off his face...well, he is.


And some unfortunate news today too. I went to feed Nemo(Jack's beautiful fish that I was splashing around photos of on here last week) last night and I noticed that he had a nasty looking fungus growing on his fins and tail so I was going to duck up to the pet shop today to pick up some fungal drops for him but unfortunately I got a message from Owen to say that he didn't make it. Poor beautiful Nemo died. So Owen got the tank down off the wall and had it in the sink to scoop poor Nemo out for a proper burial when Jack happened along and pointed to the tank in the sink quizzickly (sp?) pointing and saying, "Nemo?". "Nemo's just having a drink", says Daddy. "NO!" says Jack who has a bit of an OCD thing where everything has to be in it's place. So Daddy dutifully hung Nemo back on the wall in Jack's room and told Jack that Nemo was just having a sleep on his back...

So now should I buy another $7.50 siamese fighting fish or a $2 more resiliant gold fish to replace him and hope Jack dosn't notice?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Poor Jack and Nemo,give Jack a big hug from me Jody :( xxxx

Is it still ok if I can grab a blog header off you??? pleaaseeee with a chery on top :P

Anonymous said...

oh dear..poor Nemo :(

As for replacing Nemo, kids can sometimes be very hard to fool!! so I would be going for one excactly the same if poss...lol...Good luck :)

It's hard to say goodbye to friends...((hug)) to you...

Melanie said...

LOl at Nemo - We got Jess a fish tank a couple of years ago with about 5 fish in it - I change the water and killed them all - not just once but twice! and then the siamese fighting fish did the same as yours! Needless to say I am not getting fish again!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...