Monday, July 16, 2007

The newest member of our family...

We got a new fish!! I was at Crazy Clark's yesterday and they had these cool wall mountable little fish half globes and I thought it would be perfect for Jack's room so off we trot to the pet shop and got ourselves a siamese fighter fish and then I had to take it with me to do the grocery shopping. It's so pretty. It's name currently is Nemo but I think I might find something a bit more original for him/her. Of course I had to go through all my scrap paper looking for a backdrop to make fishy stand out.
How good is my life...look at what I had for lunch today. I sort of have an obsession with prawn sandwiches. They bring back memories of my childhood and being at the beach house and we used to have freshly trawled prawns on the freshest white bread from the bakery. Yuuuuummmmyyyyy. Just with a little bit of lemon juice and salt & pepper.
And then this afternoon for afternoon tea, Jack and I made some cupcakes. It took absolutely ages to make them. Jack insisted on sifting the flour, making a mess and trying to stick his fingers in everything. They turned out nicely though, I split the mix and made a variety of flavours, coconut, very vanilla, double choc on double choc and mocha. They were quite tasty too. I used the same cake recipe from my lime feast the other week, it makes a great textured cake.
We went to my boss's farewell party last night. It was a really good night. I had 6 fire engines and they didn't even effect me, I couldn't beleive it. I never drink and thought that I'd probably fall over after one drink but nope. I'll be very sad to see my boss go. I'm going to miss seeing their kids grow up. It's been great working with him. Oh, and then he rang me this morning to find out the number for the queensland health helpline because their son had slammed their 19month old daughters finger in a door and they think it might be broken. Poor little Amber.

And finally some photos from this afternoon's walk. I made Owen come too. Jack was running around like crazy. I got a few good shots too. I'll probably have to clone out Jack's snot before I print some of them though. Pauline, I'll do your tag tomorrow, I'm off to bed for now.
Edited to add in last nights LO.

5 comments:

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Hey Jody that fish tank is soooo cool! Nicola would be very jealous! So how does the fish get air? Is their a hole somewhere? Looks great with that paper too! Love your walk photos too - Jack and Owen look like they are having a ball!

Sarah said...

Omg I want that fish tank hehe very cutemlove the pics ,they are gorgeous!

debbiedo said...

Just love the fish tank Jody, very cool. Great pics too, are you enjoying your new camera?

Deb

Jenny Boyd said...

Wow how cool is that fish tank!!! Man I want one! Must go scour the shops tomorrow....

And what gorgeous photos to have of Owen and Jack together. How on earth did you convince DH to have his photo taken???? Any hints so I can get a few shots of my DH????

Anonymous said...

Love the fish bowl!!...and the photo's the one with DH holding DS, and their both laughing is begging to be scrapped!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...