Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sorry I've been so slack

I see I've had heaps of people dropping by, although only a couple of comments. I just havn't done anything really interesting to blog about, plus Owen's taken over my laptop so whereas before I would be typing in between making dinner now I have to pry the computer out of his hands or use his computer which is in the cold cold laundry(that's where I am right now). Although his computer is great for looking at photos cause he's got this huge flash monitor.

Here's a couple of my favourite photos from our Sunday afternoon walk with Mum...
PP by Angie Briggs and Tracey Collins, note paper by Tracey Collins, stamp from Sunstream Designs, frame by Katie Pertiet and stitching by Natalie.

Jack's been a bit sick the poor little guy. Temps, coughing, runny nose, the usual plus he's drooling like crazy so I'm not sure whether he's getting molars through as well. He's been a champ about it though and he's even had a nap during the day and been asleep at night by about 8.30 which is VERY unusual for our little night owl.

Went out to Hogs Breath with the girls from work on Monday night for our monthly dinner date. It was a really nice night. Lots and laughs, great conversation, delicious dinner and devine cocktails. I was never really a fan of their steaks but they seem to have grown on me. I was soooooo full by the end of dinner but I still ordered (and ate most of) their chocolate mud cake. Damm...it was mighty fine.
I decided at the last minute to enter the Scrapbooking Memories Master competition. Originally I had decided to do it and was all gung ho and did one task straight away and then it kind of fell by the wayside and I sort of thought, why bother. Anyhoo, I decided you gotta be in it to win it hey and so I did the mini album, single page LO and double page LO all in two days. I was up until 3am one night even and then things just never fall in to place and it took forever to photograph it all and compile it and I didn't make it to the mail box before 5pm and so even though I sent it espress post I don't think it's going to make it in time. Which will SUCK but that's what I get for procastinating I guess. I'm really pleased with the mini album it looks cute. I don't honestly think I have a chance but you never know.
We did a bit of pottering about in the yard this afternoon. Owen was setting up the last of the sprinklers for our pots and Jack and I were collecting rocks, sitting on the retaining wall, and picking limes. I got a few cute photos but Jack's nose is pretty crusty in some of them. This one is my favourite.

I'm off to work tomorrow and then going to a little crop tomorrow night at Scrappy Days. On Saturday night we have my boss's farewell party and apparently our new boss is going to be there so that will be interesting.

That's it from me for now, off to do some digi scrapping and surfing.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Hey Jody, I hope your asters entry gets there on time. Good Luck

Sarah said...

Yay about time you updated :P
Hope Jack is better now,good luck with Masters xx

Jenny Boyd said...

fingers crossed for your masters Jody, you do gorgeous work I am sure you will do well.
Jiminy Jen

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the Masters, your work is gorgeous!

Hope Jack is all better soon...

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...