Thursday, July 19, 2007

OMG the Target toy sale was CRAZY!!

I can't believe how many people were at the Target toy sale today. The traffic to get in to the carpark was a block long. I wasn't going to go at first but after talking to my friend Michelle last night I decided I might go and have a look and there were people everywhere. I did well though. I knew exactly what I was looking for and luckily they were all at the front of the store. So I layby'd a activity table thingy, some Wiggles percussion instruments and one of the containers of fake food. I'm happy with that. I was so peeved about the Big W sale. The only thing I wanted was a swing set which sold out and the young guy I spoke to said that he had a list of things they could re-order and pulled out a list that only had about 20 items on it out of a 130 odd page catalogue. The Target sale is always the best organised and the way they set up their layby is fantastic. There were 3 decently full lines and it still only took about 15 minutes to get to the front. So well done Target!!

After the Target sale we went over to the library for the book reading which Jack is just NOT interested in anymore. He just ran around getting all the little stools and bringing them over to me. The activities they have after the book reading are always good. Today we made a birthday hat with sequins and stars and things. Jack wore his at Woolworths afterwards and he got lots of compliments. Also got lots of people calling him by name since I had written it in big letters on the front. That freaked him out a bit.

Speaking of Jack, Owen was saying that when he picked him up from daycare they other day the girls were saying how polite he is and that the other kids copy him and say please and thank you etc. It makes me feel so proud. He is a very polite little boy.

Our poor old dog Bella is doing it tough at the moment. About 9 years ago she was hit by a car and ended up with a dislocated shoulder and it gives her some problems from time to time but last night the poor thing could hardly walk. I feel so sorry for her. She seems a bit better today but it's still a bit cool today. Maybe I should try and get her some leg warmers.

I did a layout last night using the new Basic Grey Infuse range for one of my friends, Erica. This photo was taken by my friend Michelle at Jack's birthday party this year, later that night Erica gave birth to her beautiful daughter Hayley a month early. Hence the title, you never know what a day will bring.

Check out this beautifully sliced egg using my new egg slicer. Exciting stuff my blog isn't it. I was actually excited by this. I've been trying to get Jack to eat boiled eggs for ages with no success but he loved the sliced egg.

Well, I really should be cleaning the house, I don't feel like it but I'm working all weekend and I'm sure it will drive me crazy if I don't get it done. Bloody housework.
I'll leave you with a photo of one of our cats, Kitti-Mae, since Jack wouldn't let me take his photo in his birthday hat.

Bye!!

8 comments:

Dani said...

Jody that LO is so beautiful!

oh and that fish tank is the coolest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

wow that Lo is amazing!!.....I was disapointed with Big W sale too, only wanted one this and it was sold out, and the staff couldn't tell me if any more were comming in...

Cute kitty cat!

Amie said...

Your LO looks awesome!! I wish I lived in a town that had a Target & Big W.....

conorsmum said...

LOVE that LO It is stunning, I just said to Wendy last night that I was cutting up the new Infuse range and was determined to do a flower LO!!! LOL Was the same paper as you have cut out for the flowers!!Will show mine when I get some more alpha's :) WOOHOO at your day at the Target Sale, I wasn't brave enough to face my local Target!!

Sarah said...

Love the layout Jody!!! I got a few things from Target too :P

Melanie said...

LOL Sarah - thats cause I told you Cars was there on sale! hehe - Gorgeous LO ! Target - I am planning to go Tuesday - if they don't have what I want then too bad lol - not doing that with J & C in tow!

Jenny Boyd said...

I did the Target thing on Thursday too - only wanted 1 thing came out with half a dozen items PLUS a layby........

Thanks a lot Jody - I have never desired an egg slicer before but now I HAVE to have one........

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...