Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes...

My funny little fella has been coming out with some wacky things lately. He's got such a great vocabulary range.
Last night we got fish and chips for dinner and I was in the kitchen plateing up some salad to go with it and had the fish & chips package open and Jack dragged a chair in to the kitchen cause he loves to help me cook. He hops up on the chair, has a look at all the plates and then spots the chips and he says, "Wow Mummy, that looks fantastic". It was hilarious. He used the most excited voice.
And then this afternoon Owen brought Jack in to work to pick me up and they were a bit early. I was in the boss's office with a rep and Jack stomps on in to say hello with Daddy close behind. The rep commented on how much Jack looks like his father and I said "Yeah, he's a spit out of his mouth", so what does Jack do...he spat on the floor. Gross I know but cute as. He's only recently learned how to spit so I was pretty impressed. Luckily it was only a little spit.
On the subject of work, we got some of the nicest stuff in today from Shanghaiedhttp://www.shanghaied.com.au/. We got some shadow boxes with carved jade "chops" stamps and another one with a carved ox bone opium pipe. They look fantastic. We also got some great vases in the most gorgeous marmalade orangish colour with cute butterflies all over them and some gorgeous black and white ginger jars.
Our local show is on for the next couple of days and wouldn't you believe it, it's bloody raining!! And it looks like it will rain tommorrow too which is the public holiday. It will be all muddy and yucky which is sooooo dissapointing. I really hope the rain clears. I have always loved going to the show. The whole atmosphere is sooo cool and the sounds and smells and the dagwood dogs. Love it!! And Captain Feathersword is going to be ther too which Jack would be so excited about. Oh I really hope it dosn't rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...