Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lunch and shopping

That's what Jack and I got up to today. We had a very late sleep in this morning since Owen is still on holidays and Jack had had a big screaming hissy fit in the middle of the night. And then at lunch time Jack and I headed out to meet up with Mum & Grandma and a few of my Aunties for lunch at the local Tafe restaurant. It was a good meal. For $12 you get three courses and there is plenty of choices. I had salmon mousse for entree followed by a selection of wet dishes and various salads and then a black forest slice with chocolate mouse for desert. It was quite tasty, some of the salads were really unique.

Then Jack and I went to do a bit of retail therapy. Well I had actually just planned on grabbing some groceries and socks for Jack but I ended up getting him a shirt as well and 2 tops for myself. So we had a bit of a browse around and bought some cheap kids CD's and some coloured pens and then headed to Woolies to grab some groceries. It was a nightmare. Jack refuses to stay in the trolley and jumps between wanting to push and ride the trolley or crawl on the floor or run down the aisles. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh. It took forever and then he wanted to be carried and I had to push a full trolley one handed whilst carrying a 14kg wriggling toddler. I reckon my arm muscles have probably quadrupled since having Jack. And of course he fell asleep about 200 metres from the shopping centre.

Anyhoo, I came home and put him to bed and then popped on my massaging slippers while I made a delicious bacon and mushroom rissotto for dinner. These slippers are great, they just vibrate and they are a little bit loud but my feet felt so much better. I just dread thinking what time Jack is going to go to bed tonight. Oh well.

Here's a picture of Jack in his cute little Wags sleepsuit which he kept on for about 10 minutes before demanding that I take it off. It was cute while it lasted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could've told you not to go shopping with a todler PSML... been there done that! And won't do it again! LOL... Tell ya what, it's not that much easier now anyway... it's always 'I want, I want'. I just don't go shopping with the kids now. LOL

Great digi LO Jody (and the paper ones too), but I do love your digi's!

Amie said...

LMAO I had a little girl who wouldn't stop chucking everything out of the trolley on thursday.... The little turd.

Anonymous said...

tee hee how cute does Jack look as wags. Love your work!!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...