Saturday, June 23, 2007

My sweet baby boy

Jack is sooooo adorable at the moment. He is coming out with all sorts of different things. The other night Owen and Jack were sitting up on the bed and Jack says, "I'm next to you Daddy". I thought that was pretty impressive that he understands things like that. And he's so polite and thoughtful. If he accidently steps on your foot or bumps into you he comes over and rubs whatever he thinks he's hurt and says, "I'm sorry Mummy". He's just lovely and soooo cute too.

I was chatting to my friend Kim on MSN tonight and was saying that I'd cut Jack's hair this morning so she asked me for a photo. I went and got the camera and asked Jack to come and stand in front of a beige wall and he said he had to go and get Cookie Monster. A few weeks ago I was trying to get some photos of him and had been using his Cookie Monster as a diversion and had used the same wall so he had to go and get Cookie to be in the photos. Isn't that sweet.

Here's the photo of his haircut...and of course Cookie.
Jack and I went shopping today and apparently so did the entire population of Rockhampton. We drove around for ages looking for an undercover park and while we were driving around we passed Mum and she had my sister-in-law Karen and my neice Rasharna in the car with her. We eventually parked outside in the rain, lucky it wasn't too bad. I went and did a couple of things and then me met up with Mum and Co and so we had some lunch with them and had a bit of a look around. Poor Rasharna will have sore legs tomorrow after chasing Jack around the shopping centre for hours. No great bargains today I'm afraid. I did get some cute little boy clips from the post office. I'd been eyeing them off when I was there a few weeks ago and then today after I'd addressed a parcel I realised that I didn't have any cash and there is a $10 minimum for EFTPOS so I grabbed those and some other little clips and things to use for scrapbooking so keep and eye out for them in an upcomming LO.
Jack of course fell asleep before we even got out of the carpark so I put him to bed when we got home and I did a layout. I'm really happy with it. I got the idea for the wings from an article in SM about digital brushes and there was one where they had added some paisley wings to a photo and it looked so cute so I thought I'd give it a go with paisley chippies. I think it works.

I've acually decided to try and stretch myself as far as my scrapbooking goes. I really enjoyed the challenges at the cyber crop at 3 Angels Scrapping the other weekend so I'm going to try to push myself a bit when it comes to creativity. I very very rarely use patterned paper for a background on LO's so that was my challenge for today.

Righteo, I'm off to shuffle some paper in my scrap room. Bye

2 comments:

Jenny Boyd said...

What a gorgeous little boy you have! Its amazing how a simple hair cut makes them look that much more grown up! I swear my son ages about 2-3 yrs every hair cut. Love your LO with the wings - I have been meaning to do one of those for a while also

Sarah said...

Omg Jodes,he is sooooo cute!!! Love that layout btw,I am still gonna scraplift it!

Well done on getting your first layout published xxx

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...