Sunday, May 03, 2009

My week...

Hmmmm, long time no post hey. Well, here's what's been happening...
So the endoscopy went well although they didn't find the cause of the problem at least they ruled out a few things. It was a breeze for me, no complications obviously, my first time under anaesthetic and that all went well. I had read up about the proceedure on the net and watched a little demo movie and everything and I was expecting to have a bit of discomfort and the sort of know what was happening for the first part but nope, out like a light. LOL, dreamed of Jack pushing the buttons on the endoscope machine and then awake, had a sandwich and a cuppa and went on home. I did sleep most of the day away though.
So Saturday my Mum came over for a visit and we went to investigate what was happening down at the creek. The two shopping centres that are a block from out house are being joined up over the creek that divides them and it looks as though they are doing some beautification. It's going to be great having the centres combined, it's only a block away and eventually there's going to be a library and everything there.
Sunday...hmmm...can't remember what we did on Sunday?
Monday, my friend Charlene came over for lunch and a Desperate Housewives catch up and then in the afternoon Jack and I went off to his first soccer lesson. It was adorable. Let's just say he needs a bit of practice but he did really well considering it was his first time and he looks adorable in his uniform. Very cute to watch.Tuesday and Friday of course I worked...let's leave it at that. Few changes and I'm not a real change kinda girl. Tuesday night Jack and I met up with our playgroup friends and parents at a local tavern for dinner which was just lovely. Nice to get out for dinner.
Wednesday was swimming and again Jack had a really good lesson which is great that he's starting to really make headway there. In the afternoon Jack and I had a good tidy up of his room and did a little re-arrange of a few things.
The lovely Amanda sent me a RAK of some halloween themed stamps so I did a bit of scrapping. Thanks again Amanda!!
On Thursday I painted the tiles in my kitchen!! We bought the paint ages ago and I just decided that that was the day to do it. I'm a real procrastinator some times. I have never liked our kitchen tiles so I'm much happier with it now. It took awhile to do all the masking up and sugar soaping but it's definately worth it. I used that White Knight tile paint in a spray can and it really seemed to go on well, the smell however is pretty toxic and of course Jack wanted to help but anyhoo, it's done and I'm happy with it (there is a dodgy patch but it's where my utensils hang and I know I can live with it)
As I said, Friday was work.
And then today Jack and I went and met up with my friend Ann for morning tea, then shopping, then lunch, then shopping. LOL. Shopping is always fun!! I got some baskets which I 've been chasing forever and a few other things like a new zester, some junky toys for Jack, a beautiful book...you know, stuff we really need.
Tomorrow Jack and I are heading down to the Calliope markets which is about an hour and a bit away with Grandma Joy to check out what's happening and then after we come home in the afternoon we are going to take Jack to the beach.
So it's late and I should be asleep so I better sign off. Here's another double LO I did this week. I've had the photos all joined up and ready to go for months and just decided what to do with them this week.


Cheerio! :-)

1 comment:

amanda hall said...

your stamps look awesome on that page Jody! I was only telling someone about your halloween decorations the other day(in particular the spiderweb on a stick in a vase with spiders hanging off) and how totally AWESOME it all looked.

good luck with your results re. endoscopy too......poor chooken.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...