Friday, May 29, 2009

Our week...

Well, my roster has changed and I am now working Monday and Tuesday's and then am off for the rest of the week which I think is going to work out well.
On Tuesday, Jack's daycare had and excursion to the Heritage Village. He was telling me all about all the animals on the way home and he even got to milk a cow which i thought was pretty exciting. He tells me he got milk on his shoe.
On Wednesday we had swim class and then Jack and I spent the rest of the day shopping. Thursday was an extra swim class again. Jack is getting so much more confident in the water. Soooooooooo much better than he was last term.
On Thursday night I thought I'd make something new for dinner so we had Pork with Sage and Garlic and Risotto Milanese which was quite nice. Owen didn't like the risotto at all but I didn't mind it. The pork was nice, you cook the sage leaves in a little oil in the pan, take them out and then brown off the garlic, take it out, cook the pork and then at the end put the sage and garlic back in with some lemon juice.And for dessert we had creme caramel. Did you know you can get it as a packet mix? It's not too bad. I made the creme brulee the other week too which was really nice.When we were out shopping Jack bought some sparklers so we've had to go outside the last couple of nights for a sparkler and then he wishes on a star. It's very cute.Today was the Romp in the Park, a kid's event which has stalls from different kindy's and daycares with activities for the kids to do. We met up with our friends the Bruckners and later on the William's as well. Jack was pretty overwhelmed to start off with and didn't want to do anything but he ended up doing a couple of things.
Here's he and Jared painting some boxes for the box city...
Here's Jack turning on the siren in the police car. Those poor police people who were there, they had a constant line up of kids going through their car turning the siren on and off.
This is Jack doing his tough Police face. LOL, funny kid.
After we'd looked at all the stands and had lunch we went and had a look at the animals. Here are the kids lined up to look at the crocodiles.
Jack had a great time. It's nice to have something like that to go to. There were quite a few people there which was great to see.
This afternoon Jack was blowing some bubble in the yard. Check out this huge bubble!!
I love his giant bubble wand, the bubbles are so spectacular.
And here he is busting th bubbles with his tongue. They are chocolate scented but I'm sure they'd still just taste like detergent. Ah well, whatever makes him happy.
Our local show is on next week and I decided this year that Jack and I would enter a few different things in the show. He is entering a painting, a layered jar, a scrap page and some baking and I'm doing some scrapbooking and some baking as well. I thought it would be something fun to do and make it a bit more exciting for him to look at the exhibits and see his own stuff. I'm entering the mini cake/cupcake decorating category and have been making little fondant ribbon roses and leaves and things but I'm really going to have to get myself sorted tomorrow because the entries have to be in on Sunday.
And lastly, some orchids that were flowering in my garden. I love orchids. I have a couple of different ones that my Grandma and my Mum have given me. They just get stuck in a tree and neglected at my place but they seem to like it like that and I get a few nice flowers throughout the year.Well, I'm off to bed.
Ciao

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...