Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can you guess what we've been doing?

We've been BAKING!!...and licking the bowlsHow is that for a happy chocolate cake mix smile? I can't believe he could eat so much cake mix without getting sick.

All this morning we've been very busy...

...sifting...and measuring......and mixing and spooning......all in preparation for the Rocky Show!! Only a few more sleeps, Jack's getting very excited. So here are our entries... a close up of my mini cake entry (keep in mind I am an amateur, my piping needs a lot of work)

and a close up of Jack's layered jar.

I have been having one of those weeks this week and it was topped off by the realisation Saturday morning that I had misread the info for the drop off times for the show entries and therefore Jack's hard work on his layered jar and his painting (pictured above) were not going to be in show. I phoned their office as soon as they opened to see if there was a chance of still getting them but to no avail. I felt just awful and shed quite a few tears but I guess what's done is done. I havn't told him and I don't think I will. I'm hoping that with the excitement of the show he will be too eager to go on the rides than look at the exhibits and I've got them hidden in my boot. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I truly feel soooooooo bad about it all. I was going to beg them this afternoon when I dropped off our cooking but I didn't think that the cooking group would overlap with the art people.

Jack and I were at Spotlight looking at cake boards the other day and I was squatting down to check out the stock and could see Jack in my peripheral vision standing beside me. Next thing I hear this male voice say "You got a tattoo there mate". I turn to see Jack there with his sleeve pulled up to show off his press on tattoo to the heavily tattooed man who was there shopping with his wife. It was adorable. This guy had tattoos all up both his arms and here's Jack with these scrawny little lily white arms proudly showing off his tattoo that is celebrating 100 year of preschools. Such beautiful memories.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...