Thursday, April 23, 2009

The last few days

Well I havn't been up to much really. A bit of scrapping...
A bit of cooking on Saturday. My Mum stayed for dinner and we had a 70's styled prawn coctail with homemade lime aioli, roast beef with yorkshire puddings and veges (first time trying yorkshire puddings, they worked and were okay but I'd prefer roast potatoes) and for desert we had white chocolate fondue with fruit and cake.On Sunday Jack and I went to the double birthday party of Oliver & Nicola. That was great fun. Look at the amazing cakes their respective Mum's made them. Very cool. A few snaps of Jack...
...telling me not to take his photo.
Monday we went back to Ollie's place for a playdate in the morning. Tuesday was work of course. Yesterday we went to Jack's swimming class and well...he's had a staggering transformation swim wise. I think his swimming teacher was a bit stunned by his amazing turn around. It was a very impressive lesson. After swimming Jack and I went and did a bit of shopping. I got some bargains too, a Hulk mask for 15c and this cute fishy swimming cap for $1 along with some clothes for Jack. Jack had to try out his cap in the bath.So then today we went back to the doctors for Jack's 4 year old check-up. That was very straight-forward but of course the doctor suggested that we really need to try to get him to eat more fruit and veges and really I definately agree. It's just so hard to do. So I'm trying a few different things, ice blocks made from fruit and juice and some yoghurt and fruit ones. I also bought some vegetarian burgers and some nutmeat so I'll see if I can trick him into eating that. I have had some success with finely grated veges added to burger patties and the like but he's definately not getting enough of that food group in his diet. So I've been trying to be strong today, food wise, and after an hour long sobbing session this afternoon he's now fallen asleep on the lounge.

So tomorrow I'm off to hospital for an upper endoscopy. I've been having stomach pains every now and again for the last couple of years and they're tyring to work out the cause. So that's it in a nutshell, I'm off to watch America's Next Top Model.
Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody I hope all went well today and they figure out what is giving you the trouble. Good luck with the vedgie hiding (-: Michelle

Brenda said...

oh, you poor thing Jody! I hope they can find a reason for your pains. I still have undiagnosed-excrutiating-gut-pains, ongoing 'investigations', blah, blah, blah. Very painful in the public system, taking a loooong time.
Good luck Jody.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...