Monday, May 04, 2009

A nice couple of days...

Well yesterday was a long day for Jack & I. We got up early (well early for us at least) and Mum came and picked us up and we headed down to the Calliope markets. It's an hour or so drive so Jack was a bit bored on the way down but he coped pretty well. There wasn't really anything awe inspiring down there unfortunately though but it's nice to have the time with Mum and to have a leisurely browse around. Jack nearly drove me potty with his constant request for rides though (there were only a couple of things there, I think he was expecting more). I only bought some scrapbooking stuff and a Ben 10 raincoat for Jack. He had a turn on the ducks, the spinning cup ride, the jumping castle and the train and camel rides with Grandma. She's such a good sport.Owen wanted to see the new Wolverine movie that just came out so he stayed home and then when we got back we all packed back in the car and headed down to the beach. Mum and I were originally going to go to the markets at Yeppoon and so I had told Jack we would be going to the beach but then the plans got changed to the Calliope markets so as I said, we had a long day.

I love going to the beach!! (I know I've said that so many times before but I truly do). The water yesterday was mighty chilly!! Jack braved it for awhile but eventually he was shivering so much that he could hardly stay on his big lizard.
So out he got and got wrapped up by Grandma and Aunty Jenny in 3 towels. His silly old Mum and Dad though!! LOL, we stayed in for awhile. It was quite nice in the water and there were some decent waves so we played around in the surf like kids, catching waves on the lizard and Jack's little foam boogie board. Jack had a couple of dips. He'd go and dig in the sand, fly his kit and splash around in the shallows for awhile and then back into the towels to warm back up.Grandma watching the kite flying.
This morning the boys headed over to our friends house for a play and I did some digi scrap shopping!! Not much, just picked up a couple of things from Weeds & Wildflowers, Shabby Miss Jen and Jen Wilson Designs. There were some good bargains to be had this weekend, just about everyone had sales on for national scrapbooking day. I was really pleased with my bargains and can't wait to use them. Then I started sorting through Jack's massive supply of toys, trying to sort them out a bit.

This afternoon Jack had soccer practise. It was great. He did really well. He listened to the coach really well and did pretty good at the exercises. He nearly caught everyone in sticky glue and he had so much fun. It was nice that Owen was off and got to come and watch him. They play 'cowboys and indians' where half the kids line up on either side (the cowboys) and the other half the kids (the indians) have to run through the middle and the cowboys have to "shoot" the indians by kicking the balls at them. Here's Jack's very enthusiastic "Yeeee-haw" to let the coach know he's ready to go.
Oh and here are my newly painted kitchen tiles. They look pretty good hey?
Well, that's all folks, if I can ever get the photos to load.
Ciao

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...