Sunday, May 24, 2009

An afternoon at the beach...

...and Jack did brave the water a little although he didn't go all the way in and yes it was bloody cold. Crazy kid.
So, I'll start with the story of how Jack and I ended up going to the beach. We've taken a leaf from the Bruckner's book and have a special calender on the fridge for Jack with pictures of different things he'll be doing during the week such as daycare or swimming class or soccer or whatever and I had checked Owen's roster and scheduled a nice family trip to the beach...however I read his roster wrong. Jack and I had a nice afternoon at the beach but poor Owen was slaving away at work. We tried to convince Jack to go today instead so Daddy could come but he showed us his calender and explained that Saturday was the day we had to go. The things kids use against you :P
Writing his name in the sand...Splashing about in the rockpools...Armed with his fish catching bucket.
So as I said yesterday, my camera is finally back. It was nice to be able to take photos that didn't take 4 hours for the shutter to work.
K, I'm outta here...peace out.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Jody, great idea with the calendar!
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comment on my blog. I totally intend to trace off a copy of the pinni pattern for you, hopefully I will have it to you in the next couple of weeks. I have sizes 1,2, and 3 but to be honest there's not a whole lot of difference between them. I mainly use the size two which I find fits from 2 - 4 years. It's pretty versatile due to the design of it. Let me know which size/s you would like. Also the original size is actually a top, I just add a couple of inches on the bottom to make it a dress :)

Anonymous said...

Hi ya!!....sorry it's been so long since I visited...major time issues! But I've missed ya..

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...