Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My shopping trip...

Bad start...I slept in!... but in my defense I was up late 'cause I watched The Brave One with Jodie Foster and went to bed late because I didn't realise what time it was. Good movie, a bit violent and extreme but good none the less. So anyway, it was all good, I went and picked up my friends Anne and Charlene and we headed down to Yeppoon to check out the new centre and the much anticipate Michel's Patisserie...well...honestly I was a bit disappointed but it wasn't their fault. I remember seeing Michel's Patisserie in Sydney with metres and metres of cabinets filled with the most delish looking things and this Michel's is smallish, the centre is smallish so it matches well but I was expecting more. I also made bad food selection, I wouldn't recommend the rum thing, especially if like me you don't like rum. LOL...see what I mean, bad selection, it just looked sooooo chocolatey I couldn't resist. I'll definately go again though because i want to try the crunchy caramel slice.
The centre is nice. Fresh and clean and neat like you'd expect a new place to be. I was impressed by the loos especially the cool flush buttons. The lounge seats in the pedestrian areas are cool, great fabric they've used, like a faux nubuck leather looking stuff, liked the colours. The $2 shop, who's name I don't remember, had chipoard alpha sets for $2.50. Only one font but still that's a great price and they also had good party supplies and gift wrap. The Big W has self serve check-outs which was very exciting!!! The first one out of a metropolitan area apparently. I was very excited by that although I probably cost someone their job by using it.
After checking out the new centre we went to the main street. There is the most gorgeous shop off the main street that has confectionary and giftware and a really cool costume shop upstairs in another building, both of which I've never been to before so I was pretty excited. There was an adult sized Buzz Lightyear costume that I might just have to force Owen to wear for Jack's birthday party in April.
We went to the Goosehorn for a late lunch and the food was just delicious!! Beautifully presented yummy food, lovely decor and good service. I was very impressed. We shared a cob loaf with a trio of butters for startes and then ordered entrees for mains, I had the Morroccan spice prawns in a chardonnay cream sauce, yum, Charlene had the duck tartlets which were very tasty and Anne had oysters kilpatrick which were just how I like them, nice and salty with decent sized juicy oysters. Jack was so well behaved at lunch, well he was really good all day apart from when he ran away in Big W and hid between four manequins (which he thought was hilarious but scared the absolute poo out of me).
So that's my day. I love shopping with friends.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a nice little shopping trip, bummer about the cake though. It sucks when you make bad cake choices.
And Jack running away and hiding in the manequins?? Ruby does that to me ALL THE TIME. In fact once I lost her altogether - HEART STOPPING - but I'll tell you about that if we ever meet up one day. Will try and catch you on MSN

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody...sounds like a great shopping trip...well expecpt for the running and hiding bit!

I'm a bit behind in my blog reading ATM...but made a point of comming here now cause I've not seen you around much in the last week...hope all is ok...

amanda said...

oooh yum. that Michel's Patisserie sounds delish!!!

bugger about chosing the wrong cake but i did LOL at the comment of not liking rum but picking a rum cake - pmsl priceless.

ooh eer the cruncy caramel slice sounds delish. Have a peice for me next time!

i love shopping with mates too - great fun.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...