Monday, March 03, 2008

Spur of the moment...

Owen has been looking for a car (just sold his motorbike) to buy just for him to travel to and from work and do deliveries and installs and stuff and he's found one in Brisbane so this weekend we've decided to just jump on a plane and off we go, all of us. I didn't want him to drive all that way back by himself so we had a look at flights and got a pretty good deal to fly down this weekend so we're going on a family mini vacation.

We're flying down late afternoon on Saturday and driving back on Tuesday. We're going to stay with a friend who lives down there and we are going to go to Dreamworld (we're using out rewards points to cover the ticket cost) and Seaworld while we're there. It should be a fantastic weekend. Jack's reaction will be interesting. He's never been on a plane and is completely fixated with them and trains and buses so I'm sure he's going to love it. I can't wait. I've got to make sure I can have Tuesday off work first though but I don't think it'll be a problem. Be prepared for a LOT of photos next week.

I've got a page to show to for last weeks Embellished's In Your Skin challenge. This week was obviously ears.

Oh and on Wednesday next week I have an appointment to have an ultrasound to see what's going on with my crook tummy (although it feels fine now).

And this Wednesday I'm heading down to Yeppoon with a couple of friends to check out the new shopping centre that opened there today. I'm very very excited because I was talking to my Mum tonight and she was saying that there's a Michel's Patisserie there!!! Very exciting news because there's not one in RockVegas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody,
We're going to Brissy next week too, but on Thursday! Hope all is ok with your tummy!
A Michel's patisserie I am so excited!!! Civilization is coming to town!!! YAY!!
Chat soon
Ali x

Brenda said...

oh, you must give us a bit of a run down on what's down there in Yeppoon. Hopefully I'll get down there in the next few weeks.
And how exciting - Dreamworld AND Seaworld in the one weekend!!
Have fun, spur of the moment trips are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody,

I picked your post up through Google Alerts and I thought you might want to see some photos of the shopping centre on my blog.

The address is http://www.briterwebdesign.com/blog/archives/yeppoon-central-opens-a-new-yeppoon-shopping-centre

AngC said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one excited about Michel's patisserie... I'm headed down to Yeppoon next week to have a look (at the whole shopping centre - not just Michel's... LOL).

Have a great time in Brissy and at the theme parks! Hope they can find out what's wrong with your tummy and that it's easily fixed.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...