Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!!

Well it's the Easter weekend!! Jack and I have made an Easter basket and a bunny mask. He's going to be excited tomorrow when he sees all his Easter eggs. I'm going to put some little eggs around the house for him to find as well. Last night we went to the riverside playground for a BBQ dinner with our friends Kim, David, Jared & Charlotte and Erica, Pete, Lauern & Hayley. It
was a fun night. The kids just love that playground. We took a couple of bikes for the kids to ride around the tracks too. Jack dosn't quite seem to get the gist of peddling, although it may be a ploy to get pushed, he can't seem to co-ordinate which leg to push with. Not that he gets many opportunities to ride though I guess. He woke up last night with leg cramps though so he must have worked pretty hard, poor little bugger. Owen had to get in the shower with him at 4am to try to soothe his legs, shit nights sleep for our household in other words. Jack, Jared and Lauren having a play

Jack on the slide.

Here's Jack bunny mask that we made the other day. It's a bit glam! but the kit was on special at spotlight the other day.

Brenda showed the beanie she made for Ruby on her blog the other day and I thought I'd have a go as well since I'd bought some ultra cheap needles at spotlight the other week. I'm not a very good knitter. I can make scarfs, that's about it. I used to knit when I'd quit smoking to try to keep my hands occupied. So anyhoo, here it is and it's not too bad.It would probably look a bit better on a baby's head rather than a wicker ball LOL. I made it for my friend Charlene's new baby girl, Erin. I'm not sure if it'll fit though, we'll see. After I finished this one I went and bought some more wool to make one for myself with a matching scarf to take to the Scraptacular retreat since they're saying that it snowed there at about the time of the retreat last year. I hope it does snow, I've never seen snow before.

My Mum dropped off a little gift for Jack for Easter the other day. She got him a little bunny rabbit bag with an Easter egg in it and this cute little fella that someone she works with made. Isn't it cute.

I made some White Chocolate and Pistacio truffles yesterday to take to the park last night. They're very yummy!!I was called into the bedroom by the boys the other night to see what they'd made...a tent on the bed. Jack thinks it's great. Daddy hides under there on my laptop and Jack watches DVD's. Boy time!! I've been watching Top Chef, I love it!And "Pink My Ride" has started!! I put my pretty pink new wiper blades on the other day and then when I was at K-Mart the other day I found some pink tyre valve caps!! I was so excited, I'd seen them on eBay but they were about $8 + postage and these ones were only $4.something. Cute hey. I'm going to scrap my towball cover and then modge podge it. LOL!! I doubt it'll last very long though but we'll see.OK, I'm getting attitude from Owen to get my butt moving. We're going down to the beach for the afternoon.

See ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jody G.. LOVE Jacks glammed up bunny mask.. lmao...

Yummo at the truffles and cool tent!

Brenda said...

Hey, cool beanie!!

And those truffles, yum, yum.
Happy Easter Jody.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Jody!...love the mask and truffles!..

love the "pink my ride"!!!! can't wait to see your tow ball!!

and cute beanie!...I can't knit, I've tried, and its agreed by all that I don't try again!...lol..

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...