Sunday, March 16, 2008

Aye, to be sure, to be sure and begorah!!


Well tomorrow is St Patrick's Day and after a conversation with Kim the other night I decided to host an irish themed dinner for my Mums/Bubs group friends. We feasted on Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks with Champ and cabbage with bacon and then for desert I made a White Chocolate and Bailey's Cheesecake. Unfortunately Owen and I didn't quite make it to desert...Jack had an accident. I don't really know what happened as I was in the kitchen at the time but Jack fell off the back of the lounge chair and landed on his head. Poor little bugger, it was a big thump. He screamed and screamed and cried and cried and then he was all sleepy and acting a bit confused so after a call to 13HEALTH and a conversation amongst the group off we headed to the hospital. My Mum had stayed after her Sunday visit to have dinner with us so she let our guests out and cleaned up while we were away. When we were driving across the bridge to go to the hospital Jack pointed to the crane that's at a worksite on the river edge and called it the "big doctor" even when we corrected it he still said the same thing so I think he was a bit shook up but by the time we got in to see the doctor he was okay. We were given the option of staying overnight in hospital or going home (since we're only 5 minutes away anyway) and we have to keep him up until midnight (4 hours from the bump) and then we have to wake him every 2 hours to make sure he's okay, which chose the latter. He seems okay now though, just complaining of a sore ear every now and then. I hope poor Owen's not too tired for work tomorrow.

So anyhoo, have a nice St Patty's Day everyone.

4 comments:

AngC said...

Oh my gosh, that must have been a scare! Hope Jack is feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Yes well a big thanks for dinner miss jodyg it was beautiful, i think we all got a scare from your little jack. It was good to catch up. Luv Dave & Kim...

Brenda said...

Oh my god, you poor things!!! I hope Jack is all chipper today.
Your dinner sounds divine.
Happy St Paddys' Day!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jack...It's so scary when they fall and hit they heads...Ethans done it to me a few times now....Hope his all better now..

Other wise your dinner sounds lovely!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...