Sunday, November 25, 2007

I've had a great weekend!

I have had a really nice relaxed enjoyable family weekend this weekend. Owen had Saturday and Sunday off. Jack has been going to bed earlier than normal so I've had a bit of time to myself to scrap, and scrap I did. Jack has also been coming into our bed by himself and then sleeping in in the morning with us which has just been brilliant.

So anyhoo, enough of my sleep in bragging, here's the scrapping I've done. All the LO's are DT stuff for Scrappy Days. The Growing Up page will be a class taught LO and the other two are to demonstrate some new product they've just gotten in, the glossy brown papers which sand up fabulously, hence all the sanding in the LO's.And this is my Mummy's Advent Calendar Tree. On Saturday, after a leisurely breakfast and a little bit of scrapping we went and checked out the Tender Centre (auction place) and of course put some tenders on some junk that we really don't need, then we went to Hungry Jack's for lunch and a bit of a play, went and voted, got some groceries and then headed up to the hospital to see my Grandma.


Mum and Grandma went out shopping the other day and my Grandma collapsed and was taken to hospital by ambulance. Her blood pressure was through the roof and after some tests and things over the last few days it has been decided that she will have to have a pacemaker inplanted. So now she just has to wait for the surgeon in Brisbane to have a timeslot available and she'll be flown down by arial ambulance for surgery. Hopefully that will happen early this week.


On Sunday, after another leisurely sleep in and a bit of a play in bed with Jack, we headed to Harvey Norman to have our free photo with Santa taken. The look on Jack's face when he clapped eyed on Santa was priceless. He happily accepted a lolly, happily sat next to Santa (big change from last year) and then acted all shy and wouldn't smile for the camera. So anyway, they got one shot that wasn't too bad. I actually set up the Santa set on Friday for work and am really pleased with how it looks.
After Santa we headed out to the Heritage Village for the last markets before Christmas. I picked up a couple of sheets of paper but that was about it. I'm so glad Owen was off because ever since Jack had his first and only camel ride months and months ago, every day we have heard about the wobbly camel and of course the camel's were at the markets so he got to have a ride.
They also have a collection of farm animals that the kids can feed. Those goats and sheep must think all their Christmas's have come at once with the amount of food they get in that one day. Jack had a great time feeding them all.They also have all sort of old farming equipment and memorabilia and things around. Here's Jack having a turn at pumping the water.On our way home we stopped at our friends, Kim & David's place for a late lunch and then Jack and I headed off home and Kim, Jared & Charlotte came over to join us on our normal Sunday afternoon walk. Mum's been visiting Grandma at the hospital after work so she couldn't make it today but Jared and Jack and Kim, Charlotte & I had a great time. We of course stopped at the park so the kids could have a turn on the play equipement.
Here's a photo of the boys having a little hug on the way there. This age is just soooooo cute.And Jack concentrating on the surfboard. Note the tongue. :P
And of course what would be a Sunday night blog from me without flora photos.I also picked up some lovely dead branches for my over table Christmas decoration.

Anyhoo, I'm off to scrap. I saved this photo of Jack till last cause it's so cute. Ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! about the sleep in!...sounds like a great weekend!

All your Lo's are fabulous!!

I hope your Grandma is back on her feet soon....Fab photo's....love the last one too!

debbiedo said...

Hope your Grandma is on the mend soon Jody.

All the photos and scrapping look great!

Anonymous said...

andrubyOK, I've been lurking for long enough without commenting. Just want to say I love your blog banner Jody, fabulous!!
Hope all goes well for your Grandma withwhat lies ahead for for her

Anonymous said...

don't know what happened with the 'andruby' bit in my last post (was trying to sign in to my google account, couldn't) but can't edit it!!

Angela said...

I hope your Grandma is on the mend soon Jody.

I love the photos of Jack on the surfboard. He is so cute!! And the LO's are gorgeous.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...