Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's my hubby's birthday today!!

Yep, he's caught me up again. My husband, Owen, turned 34 today!! Yaaaay!! His requested cake was carrot with cream cheese frosting so after he headed off to work today Jack and I started baking the cake. We creamed the eggs and sugar, added the vanilla and started measuring the dry ingredients into the seive which is when I discoverd that we had no baking powder and no bi-carb soda and no car. BUGGER!! So I thought for a couple of minutes and decided to go next door and see our friendly neighbour to see if she would have them. She had bi-carb but no baking powder. Now our street only has a few houses and a couple of units and is mainly elderley and baking powder is not an ingredient that I'd expect many people to have in their home. I started off down the street, asked at one house which is a family with 4 kids but no, no baking powder, went to the next house and no baking powder there either. There was however a very helpful husband in the kitchen up to his elbows in suds who says, "It's okay, I'll duck out to the shops and grab you some". Now we wave to these people and we've lived in the same street here for 11 years now and I've spoken to them about 3 or 4 times in those 11 years and here he is offering to duck down to the 7 to 11 for me. Isn't that nice!! So the cake got made and who knows maybe now we'll have a better relationship with our neighbours all because of my desperate need for baking products.
The cake turned out really well. Here's O and Jack blowing out the candles.

And big smiles for the camera. Like father, like son.Jack has a new favourite DVD at the moment. Can you guess what it is...?"To infinity & beyond"

We must have watched Toy Story about 15 times in the last week. It's a good movie though, I get a couple of giggles from it but yes, Jack's latest "thing" is to stand on the arm of the lounge, call out "To infiddity and be - ong?" and then jump on the lounge. Very cute, gives me a heart attack though. The joy of boys I guess.

Speaking of incorrect words to things, Jack's been singing Jingle Bells lately,

"Jingle bells, jingle bells,

Jingle all the way,

Oh my bum..."

Right, I'm off to scrap

Ciao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's one way to get to know your neighbours!...what a nice man!

Fab photo's...LOL at the flying pic's, and yes I guess, boys will be boys..

I hope that you have submitting that angel LO....it's bloody beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say that I too have watch Toy Story many many times...

At the moment it Spider Man....the really old cartoon, Ethan just loves it!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...